• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select SS Zach Neto 13th overall in the 1st round of the 2022 MLB Draft

mmc

• 10 months later...
On 7/18/2022 at 11:08 AM, Angelsjunky said:

Fangraphs:

I think the Angels got arguably the steal of the first round in pint-sized powder keg Zach Neto, who I had ranked fifth and consider one of the top 100 prospects in baseball. He’s athletic enough to maintain his high-octane swing and still make tons of contact, and the full-body swing enables him to surprise you with power despite his size.

So far so good.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So far so good.

July 17th is my birthday. Last year I got a "Happy Birthday" text from one of my best friends from high school, whose name is Zach Seto. I replied "I was just thinking of you a couple of hours ago; The Angels first round draft pick is a kid named Zach Neto. I hope I end up liking him more than I like you." 

So far, I do. 

35 minutes ago, Justin said:

July 17th is my birthday. Last year I got a "Happy Birthday" text from one of my best friends from high school, whose name is Zach Seto. I replied "I was just thinking of you a couple of hours ago; The Angels first round draft pick is a kid named Zach Neto. I hope I end up liking him more than I like you." 

So far, I do. 

Seriously. Seto is probably a decent enough guy, but what's his WAR? How is his face paint? Etc etc

33 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Too bad Ohoppe is hurt.... would be nice to have both of them together, not just for the team record, but for chemistry.

Both in the early goings have the look and feel of long term building blocks. 

I was thinking the same thing. I saw him in the dugout in Texas going crazy for a homerun. Definitely need guys like this to make a run.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Too bad Ohoppe is hurt.... would be nice to have both of them together, not just for the team record, but for chemistry.

Both in the early goings have the look and feel of long term building blocks. 

One upside to O'hoppe being hurt is the development of Thaiss.  Thaiss also has hundreds of games of first-base experience which gives us some needed depth there when O'hoppe returns.

2 hours ago, oldguy said:

One upside to O'hoppe being hurt is the development of Thaiss.  Thaiss also has hundreds of games of first-base experience which gives us some needed depth there when O'hoppe returns.

Walsh has to be getting close to being sent down to AAA.   It’s been some 60 PAs with no success whatsoever.

Probably didn’t get enough reps in that one week rehab in AAA.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Really impressive last night. The first Angel sac bunt all season. With two strikes yet. And followed by a home run. Plus the steady top line defense. Not flashy as some shortstops, but all the skills are there. 

With more experience he will even be better. 

He strikes me as a player who will be a team leader for a long time.

On 7/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Oddly enough, all of these outstanding analytics and our BIG CLUB is Dog Shit and our coaching staff can't fix SHIT...

Makes for a Great read though... EXCITING!!! ...  Let's check it out in 3 years...

I guess we have 2 more years to find out.  

On 6/14/2023 at 2:08 PM, oldguy said:

Absolutely. This wouldn’t have happened. Thaiss’ defense will get better with reps. Visually he has looked way more competent the last few weeks than the first few weeks. Even with what he did in SLC, he had really few overall catching innings professionally still. I wasn’t sure he was even suited to be a backup catcher, but an O’Hoppe/Thaiss tandem next year is a-okay.

FWIW, I could see a Ward/Thaiss platoon at 1B next year too. Frees up some space for them to grab a true defense-first back-up catcher and playing time in outfield for Moniak, Adell, and Adams depending on how things shake out. 

Edited by totdprods