• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anybody still believe…?

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

I really don't know what camp I fall in. They've been so bad for so long that I just don't know how they'll magically snap out of it. Too many inconsistencies. Too many bad performances. At this point, everyone needs to step up, and that's a very difficult thing to do all at once. 

Last night's win was nice, and maybe gives the team some added confidence. But, we'll see what happens tonight, as it could be an entirely different team out there. 

They're for sure going to win, the batting-strikeout title.  In all seriousness, baseball is a weird game.  Maybe this team needs the intangibles (i.e., making contact with the ball) that Fletcher brings.  He's due to come back shortly after the All Star break, perhaps he's the spark plug the team is needing.  Yeah, the division is out of reach but I wouldn't rule out the team getting hot in the second half and making a run at the wild-card spots.  It's happened.  Oh, and it would be helpful if they got a hitting coach/coaches.

Fangraphs gives the Angels a 4% chance of making the playoffs. I suppose that is about right, maybe a tad generous (I would have said 2-3%). Strangely, that's better than the Rangers (3.3%)...I suppose because they have more star power or something.

So there's a chance, but it is very, very small and not nearly enough for Perry Minasian to be in anything but sell mode. If they win 10 straight after the ASB, that's a different matter. You almost have to take that seriously, even if their chances are still like 10%.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even if they started to play well they would need multiple teams in front of them to start playing like crap. This season was officially over after that losing streak 

It's funny because they could go on a 14 game winning streak and it would barely do shit.

We finally got clutch hits when we needed them last night, but they still struck out way too much, and they're still making weak contact/fouling off/whiffing at pitches down the pipe. 

Last night was a nice win for sure, but lets see how the next couple days before the All Star Break are.

I would not put my hopes up. 

How does this team not get 'fired up' by witnessing Ohtani's performance last night?  There's something about this particular team.  They just don't do the fundamentals very well.  It reminds me of USC Football under the clay helton years.  Just not coached up.  

The offense might be capable of waking up if they can get the strikeouts manageable. I have less confidence in the bullpen with the current cast of characters. It would be more interesting and hopeful if they went with some of the young pitchers with potential there. Let them take their lumps and learn. Way better than watching this group blow it routinely. But as noted, baseball is weird and stranger things have happened. I don't expect them to sneak back into contention but it sure would be a fun surprise.

I believe in coyotes and time as an abstract
Explain the change, the difference between
What you want and what you need, there's the key
Your adventure for today, what do you do
Between the horns of the day

55 minutes ago, floplag said:

Not with the current roster, no.
If you did it wont compete past the WC game.
IF however Arte pulls his head out of his posterior orifice and makes some bold moves, its possible, sure. 
Will that happen, i doubt it. 

That’s a bad poem. 

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Even if they started to play well they would need multiple teams in front of them to start playing like crap. This season was officially over after that losing streak 

no, they could have still been in it after the losing streak. they were barely below .500 and something like .5 game out of the wild card. the 11-35 streak is what killed them. they're so buried now, they're about equidistant with the worst record in baseball as they are with the wild card.

16 minutes ago, ukyah said:

no, they could have still been in it after the losing streak. they were barely below .500 and something like .5 game out of the wild card. the 11-35 streak is what killed them. they're so buried now, they're about equidistant with the worst record in baseball as they are with the wild card.

What I mean is they showed us the kind of team that they are 

4 hours ago, floplag said:

Not with the current roster, no.
If you did it wont compete past the WC game.
IF however Arte pulls his head out of his posterior orifice and makes some bold moves, its possible, sure. 
Will that happen, i doubt it. 

Worst haiku ever.