• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols is a 2022 All Star

43 minutes ago, full circle said:

It’s what we’re doing with the Presidency sooo, might as well.  

It does seem like being geriatric is now a requirement for POTUS. I'm looking forward to having options who are under 60.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It's a memoir he's writing.

“And so it was, on that hot summer day in Chicago, that I realized if an internet bot was to attempt humor, it would match that of Taylor’s.  It would be many years until I could prove it.  And it would cost me everything:  my home, my family, my Touareg and my Point Break memorabilia.  Sometime I ask myself if it was worth it.  The answer often surprises people who know of my journey:  No.  Of course it wasn’t worth it.  Losing everything to out Google’s Gay But Straight Bot wasn’t worth it.”

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe its MLB's way of saying, "You probably should both retire."

Or, MLB wanted to celebrate and honor a pair of millionaires who are an alcoholic domestic abuser and a self centered narcissist who have overcome great adversity to become role models.

Sounds like a Hallmark movie.

On 7/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, m0nkey said:

Reminds me of when the NBA made Dirk and Wade honorary all stars, though I don't know if Cabrera is actually retiring after this year

I never watched Card games.

I always heard great things about Pujols, but never witnessed any of them...

All I ever saw what he did, was in an Angels uni. 

I was NEVER impressed. 

It's merely a formality putting him in this game. 

Nothing but a popularity contest.

I now look at the All Star game exactly like I would view a movie with an “All Star” cast.

The producers are just trying to produce a product with the best possible box office results.

Do I really care if they decide Cameron Diaz gets that one role over someone all the critics believe is functionally a better actress?

No.  I really don’t.

I will either watch the movie or decide I don’t want to watch the movie.

But the one thing I am not going to do is watch the movie all irritated that I am watching Cameron Diaz instead of a “better” actress who “deserves it more.”

It’s an exhibition game designed for kids (many who are not the most sophisticated fans) to see famous players.  It’s also the one game designed for non-baseball fans to help draw them in.

I am not a kid and I am not a non-baseball fan that baseball is targeting to try to make me a fan.

Who cares?  Just watch Cameron Diaz and try to enjoy it, or ignore the game since it’s not really for you anyway.