• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Touki Toussaint for cash considerations, DFA Jack Mayfield

mmc

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I remember the name, but not sure why. Checking BR, he was BA's #53 prospect before 2019. Fangraphs had him as a 50 FV prospect back then, which was what Detmers was. Clean peanut potential, but the Braves don't usually let quality players go for a few bucks.

The Braves are try to help Minasian keep his job with the Angels, as they don't want Minasian to come back.

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

i must be reading this wrong. isn't he a failed SP so far?

Maybe I'm reading this his wrong and this is an attempt at humor. But just in case this really needs explaining.... Yes, he's a currently failing SP that has yet to be transitioned to RP.  To date, 125 of his 138 MiLB appearances have been as a starter and in his most recent stint in the majors he started 10 of his 11 games.

To be honest, not sure he translates well towards RPing.  He's never thrown particularly hard, he'd be another guy that sits 93-94, so a Tepera type.  But he's free and it hasn't been tried yet.

We will know once he shows up at AAA.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Maybe I'm reading this his wrong and this is an attempt at humor. But just in case this really needs explaining.... Yes, he's a currently failing SP that has yet to be transitioned to RP.  To date, 125 of his 138 MiLB appearances have been as a starter and in his most recent stint in the majors he started 10 of his 11 games.

To be honest, not sure he translates well towards RPing.  He's never thrown particularly hard, he'd be another guy that sits 93-94, so a Tepera type.  But he's free and it hasn't been tried yet.

We will know once he shows up at AAA.

that's what i thought. i think he sits even lower at 91.

5 minutes ago, ukyah said:

that's what i thought. i think he sits even lower at 91.

FGs/stat cast had his FB last year just above 93, so no telling if he sees it bump up out of the pen but 93 doesn't likely turn into 96-97 just by moving him to the pen.  I never really understood the hype surrounding him, I imagine the industry felt he had some projection in him, but he's 26 now.  Not sure that's true anymore if that was the case.

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

FWIW, way back when, he used to have a really high leg kick and he threw harder.  But the Braves basically reworked his delivery to try to get more out of his curve and the velocity cratered.  So, unless the Angels believe he can be reshaped into something different, not sure this isn't more than wishing.

Well maybe they can help him with his delivery As, if I recall, Minasian identified some changes he thought Thor could make in his delivery too. Which, you know...could be a new career for Perry once he's fired lol...