• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

10 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Saw that Toronto is also interested in Iglesias. I hope this isn’t a “take Raisel for the price of Noah” move. Iglesias’ contract does look bad now, but surely we can eat some money and get some value in return. 

I'd actually be willing to just dump Iglesias' contract without getting much value in return. His velocity drop is scary and $16M is a lot of money to commit to a closer when you have $70M tied up in Trout & Rendon and an owner who won't exceed the luxury tax (or even get super close to it)

Just now, Trendon said:

Unlike the Syndergaard reports, I don't think that interest has been reported by any major reporter. So I'm not sure how much truth there is to that rumor.

Although I have seen many Blue Jays fans on Twitter clamoring for Iglesias, somewhat to my surprise. That contract is pretty hefty and he'd be a set-up guy to Romano in Toronto.

I'd actually be willing to just dump Iglesias' contract without getting much value in return. His velocity drop is scary and $16M is a lot of money to commit to a closer when you have $70M tied up in Trout & Rendon and an owner who won't exceed the luxury tax (or even get super close to it)

This is Arte Moreno

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm not saying offload him for whatever you can get, but I think you gotta be open and willing to deal him.

He's certainly better than guys they were running out there before like Villar, Wade, and Mayfield.

And I agree 100% on being open.  The Astros, Cards, Red Sox, Jays and several other teams are being pretty active in making moves.  Maye they are in vain but sitting on their hands at 16 games below .500 isn't gonna do shit.  Waiting for next year's miracle.  Where Detmers, Adell, Marsh, Renfigo, Stefanic, Silseth improve.  Canning, Trout, Rendon recover.  Walsh, Stassi, Fletcher turn it around.  

I feel like we're gonna be banking on half miracles again.  

'If everyone is better than they've been, we'll be fine'.  

they're probably better off keeping the pen arms they've overpaid for.  Instead of selling low.  

But I also thought Minasian was the guy that prided himself on finding that player who was underperforming somewhere who he could turn legit.  

Pretty much everything he's touched has turned to shit dust.  It's eddie murphy delirious where the shit is a coffee table in the den.  

I know you seven!

I know you seven!

But you'll be a seven year old, walkin' the dog, no house mother F**cker!.  

What I'm saying is, Minasian at least needs to start trying to clean up his shit.  

39 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Im less worried about the velocity than I would be in most cases, only because he's had a history of velocity spikes and dips.  For whatever reasons its kind of been his normal to see fluctuations.  Iglesias takes RP volatility to new places I guess.

Anyway, check the velocities year by year...  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/raisel-iglesias-628452?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

31 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

they're probably better off keeping the pen arms they've overpaid for.  Instead of selling low.  

But I also thought Minasian was the guy that prided himself on finding that player who was underperforming somewhere who he could turn legit.  

Pretty much everything he's touched has turned to shit dust.  It's eddie murphy delirious where the shit is a coffee table in the den.  

I know you seven!

I know you seven!

But you'll be a seven year old, walkin' the dog, no house mother F**cker!.  

What I'm saying is, Minasian at least needs to start trying to clean up his shit.  

"It's furniture now, Eddie!!!"

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/08/noah-syndergaard-trade-increasingly-likely-blue-jays-among-teams-with-interest.html

"The Blue Jays are “making a play” for Angles starter Noah Syndergaard, tweets Jon Heyman of the New York Post."

I copied and pasted that. I bet some of you will have to do a double or triple take to see the error.

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/08/noah-syndergaard-trade-increasingly-likely-blue-jays-among-teams-with-interest.html

"The Blue Jays are “making a play” for Angles starter Noah Syndergaard, tweets Jon Heyman of the New York Post."

I copied and pasted that. I bet some of you will have to do a double or triple take to see the error.

Isosceles!

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

253301A2-2E7D-45D1-8E9E-F577DF2579F3.png