• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

mmc

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

Nah. As evidenced, we have zero outfield depth. Haniger will be back soon but can't depend on him. Kyle Lewis really can't play the field anymore. Julio has missed a good deal of time after the ASB and is on the IL again. Winker ... well he sucks. Dylan Moore also hit the IL. 

Adam Frazier was our center fielder today.

as I mentioned, you guys are a superstar OF bat away from being a legit contender.  Try to turn Gonzalez or Flexen into a nice player and roll with Ray, Castillo, Gilbert and Kirby.  Too bad White has crapped the bed.  Don't think they've got the prospect scratch for Soto, but that should be the call.   Not that I want the M's to do well, but they've put themselves in a pretty decent spot and I'm a bit jealous.  

29 minutes ago, Trendon said:

“According to sources, the Angels have not been impressed by the Padres’ offers for Shohei Ohtani. The same might be true for any other suitor of a two-way superstar who remains unlikely to move before the deadline.”

Also notes that the Padres have scouted Syndergaard, among other SP’s

https://t.co/NVGhOClOFf

Right.  Another team trying to convince the Angels they should part with Ohtani for fair value.  This is a good sign.  

I look at SD's roster and farm system and I actually don't see enough to satisfy me.  

On 7/29/2022 at 10:14 PM, AngelStew43 said:

Cartaya, Dustin May, Michael Busch, Bobby Miller, Gavin Lux for Ohtani

One ML ready SS, and 4 top prospects.  That would be the deal. 

it's going to come out after the deadline that the dodgers offered this exact trade and we turned them down. 

https://theathletic.com/3465963/2022/07/31/mlb-trade-deadline-latest-padres-cubs-nationals/?amp=1

A lot to read. Nothing major Angels related other than

At this point, probably not even Preller knows. To some degree, he is exploring each of the above possibilities, according to major-league sources. He also has made a run at the Angels for Shohei Ohtani, not that anyone in the industry expects the two-way star to move.

8 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

Really? This team is not in buyer mode. They're not in seller mode either.

They are stuck.

The Angels are most definitely buyers.  They are just trying to buy something different than contending teams. They aren’t stuck. 

7 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Right.  Another team trying to convince the Angels they should part with Ohtani for fair value.  This is a good sign.  

I look at SD's roster and farm system and I actually don't see enough to satisfy me.  

I do too, but i'd have to wonder what the desperation looks like in San Diego if the Dodgers swoop in and get Soto. 
The Padres would need to make a big move of their own and that would be an Ohtani-type deal. 

Preller is known for being aggressive too. Maybe there's a "name your players" type move to get Ohtani and compete against the Dodgers. 

On 7/30/2022 at 2:20 PM, Trendon said:

I doubt the first part happens, but I would not be surprised at all if they pursue Judge.

There was already a report that Minasian tried to acquire him last year and Arte loves his big names. He seems to fit Arte's "type."

If Moreno signs Judge to a big contract, then in the baseball knowledge sense, he is a doofus and will never, eeever change.

Judge is 31 next season, and has played over 112 games just twice in the past 5 full seasons from 2016-2021. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

The amount of talent changing hands this deadline could be nuts.

Teams seem to be really open to shopping and trading young talent. 

I understand all the reasons for holding onto guys like Ward and Sandoval, but goodness, between them, Thor, maybe a reliever, the Angels could really fill out the upper minors and MLB roster with some good young talent. Spend right and maybe swing a big trade this winter and they could be back into it in 2023, especially if guys like Detmers keep stepping forward, and maybe one of Adell/Marsh wake up. It's a good deadline to be opportunistic.