• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 is done

mmc

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I don't see tdawg mocking other posters. There's a difference between making jokes and making jokes at others' expense.

Ha. You have to be joking. 

He did. He knows when. I even said something about it. (not for the first time)

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ha. You have to be joking. 

He did. He knows when. I even said something about it. (not for the first time)

I guess I haven't seen it recently. Maybe I'm wrong. 

His post was really genuine. It wasn't an AO-esque rant, and you responded with a GIF mocking his weight.

I just wish we could cool it with the non-sequitor jokes at others' expense and personal attacks. Argue with somebody's ideas, but don't bring their personal life or characteristics into it.

And if you or anyone sees me doing this very thing feel free to call me out because I know I've participated in it too.

Go Angels!

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Part of me wants to get upset, but we're honestly close to that point where I just stop caring. And I mean overall. Forever. 

I just can't anymore. This is supposed to be a fun little "hobby". It's not fun. It hasn't been fun for a long time. It doesn't make me happy anymore.

I was never a "die hard". I just loved watching. But that love is basically gone. This organization beat that out of me.

You don't keep skateboarding if you break a limb every single time you try. You say "you know, maybe this just isn't for me". And then you go do something else that doesn't put you in the ER.

I've had these feelings for a couple years now. The 24-13 streak pulled me back in, but I got buttercup'd. Hard. Not happening again.

Call me a drama queen, or spoiled, or a fairweather fan. I don't care. I've admitted to being a fairweather fan for a while now. 

I'm just done. It's the same shit every year. Every. Year. 4 managers, 4 GM's, countless coaches. Always the same. 

I'm tired, boss.

I've watched worse Angels teams.  You are correct, if you want to watch a well run organization, the Angels should not be on your list.  If you want to watch baseball and find a team with players you can relate to, the Angels have them.  I love watching Ohtani play because he competes every day despite everything around him going wrong.  I love watching Sandoval and how he is learning to manage his emotions.  I still enjoy watching Marsh work on just getting better.  And Trout is Trout.  There are many reasons to give up and stop watching this awful collection of free agent garbage, but I do enjoy rooting for the players that came up through the Angels organization because I seem to have a better connection to them than the free agents.

I like Nevin who seems to doing a terrific job with the shitshow that was handed to him by the shitshow creator.

This season smarts more than most other crappy seasons because there was so much hope, and they looked so good for the first five weeks or so. So its got a bit of that 1995 vibe to it (which was even worse, for the young pups that weren't alive or cognizant yet).

But I suppose the good news is the bandaid was torn off fairly quickly. This won't be a slow, lingering death where we play are-the-or-aren't-they-contenders for all of July and August.

Now I still think it won't be until the ASB before we know for sure. But my feeling was that if they're over .500 at the ASB, there's enough of a chance that Minasian will consider buying. If below, selling. But that was when they started the weak-sauce schedule. They're 5-5 since - they need to be much better. Meaning, NOW is the time to re-gain ground, and they're not doing it, or not enough. At the end of their losing streak they were 27-31; now they're 34-40, meaning they've gone 7-9, and are still slowly slipping further below .500.

To get to .500 by the ASB (18 games) they have to go 12-6. That's possible, I suppose, but looking very unlikely.

It does feel a bit like the angels are approaching inflection point.  Not for the season - which - of course they are.  Maybe already passed that this season.  But a larger more encompassing one.  What are they going to do about this era with Mike trout and Ohtani ? The clock is really ticking on Shohei. But there’s a long time left with Mike.  It seems fucked up to keep doing this.  Tear it down to the studs completely or finally do what was promised to Trout and fucking go for it.  

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

1995 died in late August not early June. This doesn't have any relationship to that year. This team doesn't have the same cast of promising young stars already with a couple years under their belts. It has Trout, Ohtani, Walsh, maybe Ward then sub league average filler. 

It does in terms of disappointment, at least in my experience. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It does feel a bit like the angels are approaching inflection point.  Not for the season - which - of course they are.  Maybe already passed that this season.  But a larger more encompassing one.  What are they going to do about this era with Mike trout and Ohtani ? The clock is really ticking on Shohei. But there’s a long time left with Mike.  It seems fucked up to keep doing this.  Tear it down to the studs completely or finally do what was promised to Trout and fucking go for it.  

Yep, they've already wasted the first 10 years of Trout's career. 

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It does in terms of disappointment, at least in my experience. 

Nope, this is just another failed season like last year that got shot down by key injuries early.

Fletcher then Rendon when they were already gambling at one infield position with another gamble on the outfield. There are three below league average infielders booting baseballs and unable to hit a baseball and at least one outfielder that can't hit.

Neither catcher is a prize so you only have 4 bats in the lineup and when one slumps nothing happens offensively. They've put Rengifo and Wade batting 4th. That's a failed season in a nutshell. 

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Nope, this is just another failed season like last year that got shot down by key injuries early.

Fletcher then Rendon when they were already gambling at one infield position with another gamble on the outfield. There are three below league average infielders booting baseballs and unable to hit a baseball and at least one outfielder that can't hit.

Neither catcher is a prize so you only have 4 bats in the lineup and when one slumps nothing happens offensively. They've put Rengifo and Wade batting 4th. That's a failed season in a nutshell. 

Blarg, you're misunderstanding. I'm talking about disappointment level - namely, my own. You can't "nope" my own subjective experience. But yeah, the details are different, but the feeling--for me--is similar. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Blarg, you're misunderstanding. I'm talking about disappointment level - namely, my own. You can't "nope" my own subjective experience. But yeah, the details are different, but the feeling--for me--is similar. 

But how? This is like you saying your divorce and a failed blind date had the same impact. This relationship to winning hadn't got to popcorn and a movie. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sometimes people react to things differently than you do. The amount of disappointment a person feels is subjective.

43 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s only one solution, but it won’t happen because you know who will never sell the team.

Record wise, this team is no better off than they were in the late 2010s.

Edited by Angel Oracle

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

But how? This is like you saying your divorce and a failed blind date had the same impact. This relationship to winning hadn't got to popcorn and a movie. 

LOL. You can't seem to accept that people have subjective feelings. And I didn't say they had the same impact - all I said that this year has "a bit of the vibe of 1995."