• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tim Salmon's speech

Torridd

Tim Salmon was great, but I enjoyed Erstad's speech more... he really articulated the mindset of the team in a way that was inspiring.  Salmon's speech felt like a speech (and a good one) and Erstad's speech felt like a talk from the heart.  Regardless it was great to see many of the old faces and hear the stories. 

I always thought Erstad was over-rated as an offensive player, but he was awesome as a team leader and a great defender.  He had Moxie.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Tim Salmon was great, but I enjoyed Erstad's speech more... he really articulated the mindset of the team in a way that was inspiring.  Salmon's speech felt like a speech (and a good one) and Erstad's speech felt like a talk from the heart.  Regardless it was great to see many of the old faces and hear the stories. 

I always thought Erstad was over-rated as an offensive player, but he was awesome as a team leader and a great defender.  He had Moxie.

He definitely wasn't a good hitter outside of one season, but his 28.5 fWAR falls on the lower end of the "Hall of Really Good". He was a "red ass" and played the game as hard as anyone.

Also he killed it in 2002, just like everyone else.

Leading off the 8th of Game 6 with a rocket homerun to right set the tone for the culmination of that comeback. I always remember that moment because it was then I knew they weren't losing that game. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

GGGRRRRIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

He definitely wasn't a good hitter outside of one season, but his 28.5 fWAR falls on the lower end of the "Hall of Really Good".

Are you talking about Darin Erstad?

Darin Erstad lifetime with the Angels: BA .291 (1505 hits /5163 AB's) for a average .735 OPS with a successful stolen base percentage of 76.9% (170 SB/ 221 Attempts), not to mention a lifetime field percentage of .996. 

Angels would absolutely KILL to have a guy like him in the lineup these days. 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah that was pretty good. It’s also funny how they are all old AF now. 20 years went by really quick 

Yeah, thought the same thing yesterday. Was pretty baffled how old they all look.

Only Sosh and Hatcher looked "normal" because they were already "old"

Speeze looked like he sells toys at comic con. Sele looks lioe he teaches chemsitry at the high school level. Davannon looks like a guy named jeff davanon that never played baseball.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah, thought the same thing yesterday. Was pretty baffled how old they all look.

Only Sosh and Hatcher looked "normal" because they were already "old"

Speeze looked like he sells toys at comic con. Sele looks lioe he teaches chemsitry at the high school level. Davannon looks like a guy named jeff davanon that never played baseball.

4DC48535-8C3C-431F-B91E-092C21472D54.png