• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conservative Dystopia

40 minutes ago, cals said:

This is what I don’t get.  If life begins at conception then what does it matter the manner in which the life was created?  You think the baby being murdered cares if it’s alive because of a rape or incest or if it’s retarded?  Also, what does it matter if mom’s life is at risk?  If she dies she died by nature and not by murder.

I think if you are gonna be pro-life you gotta he 100% or it doesn’t make logical sense.

Also, pregnant women should be able to use the carpool lane. And deadbeat dads who shot their sperm then peaced out should have to pay child support during the pregnancy.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Also, pregnant women should be able to use the carpool lane. And deadbeat dads who shot their sperm then peaced out should have to pay child support during the pregnancy.

What if a woman collects child support and then has an abortion? Does she have to pay it back? The courts don’t work fast enough anyway. You live in a fantasy world. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

She had to wait two weeks for the ultrasound appointment.

Where in the article did it state that? I don’t believe anything out of the mouth “beauty YouTuber” anyway. The whole article wreaks of bullshit. 

2 hours ago, cals said:

I think if you are gonna be pro-life you gotta he 100% or it doesn’t make logical sense.

Yeah abortion isn't really my issue.

I get why they want no exceptions and if that's what the people of Idaho want then so be it.

Doesn't affect me.

At the end of the day this isn’t going to stop a lot of abortions. Some is better than none. The ruling did complete the circle and white progressives are openly admitting their intent. Dems are having to make the argument that Sangers undesirables should be executed at birth. While I disagree with this stance , I can respect the honesty. We’ve ended the 50 year lie that it’s a womens health issue. 

4 hours ago, cals said:

This is what I don’t get.  If life begins at conception then what does it matter the manner in which the life was created?  You think the baby being murdered cares if it’s alive because of a rape or incest or if it’s retarded?  Also, what does it matter if mom’s life is at risk?  If she dies she died by nature and not by murder.

Wait is it alive or murdered? And do fetuses “care” about anything?

You guys are essentially making the same dishonest argument Roe made. Libs didn’t legalize abortion by advertising they intended to execute 70 million babies. It was quite the opposite. They promised it would be used sparingly for rape, incest, and life of the mother. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I’m against laws outlawing stuff like that. If the doctor and mother feel it is medically necessary then that should be between them. 

Exactly.

The earliest a baby can possibly survive outside the womb is 22 weeks. So if a complication puts the mother's life at risk in the first two trimesters, it's very highly likely that the baby isn't going to make it either way. It's unconscionable to take away the right of an abortion in those cases.

35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Exactly.

The earliest a baby can possibly survive outside the womb is 22 weeks. So if a complication puts the mother's life at risk in the first two trimesters, it's very highly likely that the baby isn't going to make it either way. It's unconscionable to take away the right of an abortion in those cases.

I agree. I am fully opposed to abortion as a form of birth control. Medical necessities are an entirely different issue though as only doctors have the knowledge to determine that. Politicians do not 

Edited by Jason

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

I agree. I am fully opposed to abortion as a form of birth control. Medical necessities are an entirely different issue though as only doctors have the knowledge to determine that. Politicians do not 

The problem with taking an absolutist position (in either direction) on this issue is that there's so much nuance.

@mmc I understand where you're coming from because until my mid 20s, I was pretty staunch pro life because I saw abortion as baby murder. It feels like ending a developing baby's life is cruel or even evil.

But the more I read about the circumstances that lead people to having abortions, the more I realized that it's not typically a flippant decision made by a woman who doesn't want to be inconvenienced. Of course there are cases like that. But the main reason a woman chooses an abortion is because of poverty and/or lack of access to resources to carry and raise a child.

Personally, I'd be comfortable with a federal law that outlaws abortion after the second trimester except in extreme circumstances (namely the life of the mother being at risk). By the time the baby is third trimester and able to live outside the womb, it's tough for me to support terminating that life (except under extreme circumstances).