• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conservative Dystopia

18 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The problem with taking an absolutist position (in either direction) on this issue is that there's so much nuance.

@mmc I understand where you're coming from because until my mid 20s, I was pretty staunch pro life because I saw abortion as baby murder. It feels like ending a developing baby's life is cruel or even evil.

But the more I read about the circumstances that lead people to having abortions, the more I realized that it's not typically a flippant decision made by a woman who doesn't want to be inconvenienced. Of course there are cases like that. But the main reason a woman chooses an abortion is because of poverty and/or lack of access to resources to carry and raise a child.

Personally, I'd be comfortable with a federal law that outlaws abortion after the second trimester except in extreme circumstances (namely the life of the mother being at risk). By the time the baby is third trimester and able to live outside the womb, it's tough for me to support terminating that life (except under extreme circumstances).

As a person of faith I do think it’s murder and barbaric. That is between the woman that chose to do that and her maker. It doesn’t impact me so that’s why it isn’t a significant issue for me. As far as getting pregnant while poor, I get what your saying but it isn’t difficult to prevent pregnancy in the first place. People irresponsibility shouldn’t be bailed out by terminating a pregnancy 

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

15k people died being team players taking the covid vaccine. We may have to lose a few moms in the process but a million babies can be saved. Isn’t this the greater good logic libs promote?

Do we really want millions (billions) more people?  I'm for abortion just on the population control aspect of it.

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

60% of abortions are for women who already have kids and only about half are for women below the poverty line. 

Only half are below the poverty line?  Only?  Pffftt.. that feels like a big problem. 

9 minutes ago, Rico said:

Do we really want millions (billions) more people?  I'm for abortion just on the population control aspect of it.

I appreciate your honesty and that’s exactly why we have abortions. After 50 years libs are finally saying the truth out loud. You are obviously pro abortion and pro Black Lives Matter so how do you feel that abortion has and will continue to disproportionately effect blacks? If we’re going to control the population shouldn’t we start with the criminals and poor populations?

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

Only half are below the poverty line?  Only?  Pffftt.. that feels like a big problem. 

Are you saying we need to target more minorities? Seems like half of all abortions nowadays are just people who don’t want the inconvenience of taking responsibility for their actions. 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, Rico said:

Wow, Rico. So instead of killing a baby, why not put the emphasis on birth control? 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, Rico said:

A couple nukes and you've got not only population reduction but also removed millions from the reproductive cycle. You need to broaden your perspective on global population control. 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

Serious question for all the lefties, how many of you guys have actually looked at photos of aborted corpses?  If you haven’t, maybe you should go look and see what you’re advocating for the death of.

Dude I once watched an autopsy of a decaying corpse with maggots crawling out of his rotting flesh and had pizza for lunch.  Stop being such a pussy.  Being an  organic life form is messy.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Dude I once watched an autopsy of a decaying corpse with maggots crawling out of his rotting flesh and had pizza for lunch.  Stop being such a pussy.  Being an  organic life form is messy.

Horrible sentence structure.

4 minutes ago, cals said:

So have you?

1 minute ago, mmc said:

So have you?

Yeah there’s a planned parenthood between my house and my office.  Sometimes as I’m calling the bitches holding the signs fat and calling the dudes faggots I notice the bloody tadpole photos.  

8 minutes ago, cals said:

Most of the dead fetuses are black and going to steal your shit anyways.

Yes now that more libs are starting to say this out loud , it’s time to negotiate. Thinking we need racial quotas at the state level. Ideally we want the undesirable population below 10%. 

9 minutes ago, cals said:

Very true. I've been the first on scene for several car accidents and saw people take their last breath, one elderly lady on 395 outside Independence drifted head on under the rear drive wheels of a big rig. Seeing someone's intestines on their lap is rather surreal. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

Yes now that more libs are starting to say this out loud , it’s time to negotiate. Thinking we need racial quotas at the state level. Ideally we want the undesirable population below 10%. 

I think we can aim better than that.