• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stefanic vs Rengifo

Hubs

Rengifo isn’t great defensively but he’s downright terrible offensively too. He had a few good games when he was called up but now he’s got to go back to AAA.

i know Wade, Duffy, and Velazquez aren’t killing it either but yeah, Rengifo is terrible to the point of a sub .100 average in his last two weeks. Stefanic is due back from the IL soon. They need offense.

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Rengifo isn’t great defensively but he’s downright terrible offensively too. He had a few good games when he was called up but now he’s got to go back to AAA.

i know Wade, Duffy, and Velazquez aren’t killing it either but yeah, Rengifo is terrible to the point of a sub .100 average in his last two weeks. Stefanic is due back from the IL soon. They need offense.

Time running out on Rengifo?

10 hours ago, Hubs said:

If your taking out the garbage take it all out. Get rid of Wade and Velazquez they both stink and will not be part of reboot.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

I think this is the year Rengifo puts it all together.

I thought so too after he was called up and getting some big hits. However, as the OP states, he’s just fallen apart offensively. I think he caught whatever sickness the team has. They have the baseball version of Covid with AIDS. 

Just like winning, losing is contagious. Rengifo is no different than the rest of them in that their approach to the game will change when they start forcing or pressing the matter. Had they continued playing well, I think Rengifo’s numbers would look a lot better. 

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Had they continued playing well, I think Rengifo’s numbers would look a lot better. 

Ummm… if they had been playing better, ALL their numbers would look a lot better.

Well, except for Velazquez.

15 hours ago, Hubs said:

Stefanic's AAA OPS is 60 points lower than Rengifo's was this season.  Given how poorly batting average tends to translate from the minors to majors and how Stefanic's power seems to have disappeared this year, what exactly does bringing him up accomplish other than throwing shit at wall to see if something sticks?

I want to see Stefanic get a legit shot too, but they can't keep giving a guy 100 at bats and then screaming next.   I think Rengifo is the only guys not striking out 20+% of the time among the semi regular players.  His Babip was really shitty last time I looked too.   I'm not happy with how he's performed but more so because he's swinging at crap pitches.  It's his tendency to swing at crap that he can't really elevate or will pop up that keeps me from arguing that the BABIP is just bad luck -- he's getting himself out.

Marsh is doing some stupid stuff too.

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hubs said:

Greg Beacham

· 16m
Luis Rengifo delivers a tying RBI double for the LAAs in the 5th. Geefy is batting .352 since June 22, getting a hit in 30 of 33 games in that stretch.