• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon removed from the game after re-aggravating right wrist injury

mmc

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Rendon, 2021-22: 102 games, .236/.329/.385, 11 HR, 101 wRC+, 1.2 WAR

And so he joins a great Angels tradition that includes Mo Vaughn, Gary Mathews Jr, Vernon Wells, Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, and Justin Upton.

Mo Vaughn mashed here. Common misperception is he was a bust just because we traded him. 

I'll add Steve Finley to that impressive list of disappointments. 

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Mo Vaughn mashed here. Common misperception is he was a bust just because we traded him. 

I'll add Steve Finley to that impressive list of disappointments. 

Mo wasn't as big a bust as Hamilton, Pujols, or Upton still kind of bad. He did decline significantly as an Angel compared to his Red Sox output, and then lost a whole year to injury before being traded. The Angels ended up spending $32.5M for him for 2 years of play and 3.8 WAR; adjusted for inflation that's about $65-70M.

8 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Pretty big difference between a MOTO bat signed to a massive contract and a random filler guy signed to bat 8th/9th. 

But like it'd be cool if the random filler guy signed to bat 8th/9th was playing good defense AND slashing like .700

I know it sounds like that's asking too much of the world, but I've seen it before.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Mo wasn't as big a bust as Hamilton, Pujols, or Upton still kind of bad. He did decline significantly as an Angel compared to his Red Sox output, and then lost a whole year to injury before being traded. The Angels ended up spending $32.5M for him for 2 years of play and 3.8 WAR; adjusted for inflation that's about $65-70M.

Big Mo would have put up HOF numbers with the Halos if he hadn’t fell into the dugout on the 1st day.

22 minutes ago, Don said:

But like it'd be cool if the random filler guy signed to bat 8th/9th was playing good defense AND slashing like .700

I know it sounds like that's asking too much of the world, but I've seen it before.

That is on Minasian, not Velasquez..  Velasquez is who he is.  Minasian does a shitty job at finding role players.

Just now, eligrba said:

That is on Minasian, not Velasquez..  Velasquez is who he is.  Minasian does a shitty job at finding role players.

Fully agreed there. In an org with reasonable depth, Velasquez is minor league depth or the last guy on the bench as a late-inning defensive replacement.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Eh, we're the Angels. I'll consider ourselves lucky if we even get one of the two. Usually it's someone like Mayfield who does neither. 

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Wasn't Velasquez originally brought on to be purely depth/late inning replacement? At least that was the discussion when he was signed. Too bad Fletcher fell apart

4 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Wasn't Velasquez originally brought on to be purely depth/late inning replacement? At least that was the discussion when he was signed. Too bad Fletcher fell apart

Not sure, but it is a symptom of a chronic disease that plagues the Angels.

24 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

A forgotten fact... Velazquez was never supposed to play this much.

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

If Rendon did this we'd all have bonors 

image.png

Edited by Erstad Grit