• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Angels Hitting Analysis Coordinator, Ryan Parker, sounds off about the Angels on Twitter: "Perry [is] likely itching to can Maddon so he can put Ray Montgomery as the manager."

BTH

For those who don't know, Ryan Parker was the Angels Coordinator, Hitting Analysis in the minor leagues from 2019-2021.

He has had some interesting tweets within the last 24 hours, notably bashing the Angels organization:

After today's loss:

During yesterday's game:

now is there some disgruntled, fired employee speaks badly about former employer going on here? of course

but he worked with Minasian in 2021, so the fact that he believes Perry is "likely itching to can Maddon so he can put Ray Montgomery as the manager" is noteworthy.

2 minutes ago, full circle said:

So once again, as in bitter years past, we have a lack of continuity between GM and manager? Arte is the real problem, not sure anything gets better until his ass sells the team.  

We don’t know that.  But we do have a GM that didn’t get to pick his manager.  

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

If he's itching, there's no better time than now. Unless Arte is attached to Maddon?

I think Arte is attached to Maddon, but is it enough to make him shy away from firing him for the teams performance?  I don’t know.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I think Arte is attached to Maddon, but is it enough to make him shy away from firing him for the teams performance?  I don’t know.

Well, we'll see. My point was simply that if Minasian is "itching," then he's got a great excuse - right now. That could change in a week. One or two come-from-behind victories and/or won series, and he's probably stuck with Maddon all year.

I think Maddon gets fired if one or both of two things happen:

1) The losing streak reaches beyond epic proportions: 15+ games, if not more. I don't know what the magic number is, but at some point Maddon will be fired if it gets too long. I think somewhere between 15-20 losses in a row. But I don't think we'll get there.

2) Even after they win a game, they continue to suck and fall further and further out. Again, it depends upon how bad. But if they're below .500 at the ASB, I think Maddon is gone.

17 hours ago, full circle said:

So once again, as in bitter years past, we have a lack of continuity between GM and manager? Arte is the real problem, not sure anything gets better until his ass sells the team.  

No one respects him as an owner anymore.

Enough of the 💩about the players, though they deserve it.

Arte Moreno destroyed this franchise like Peter Angelos destroyed a proud O’s franchise.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think if Maddon isn’t fired tomorrow morning then it isn’t going to happen until Sunday if the team continues to struggle.  

How much do they owe Maddon?

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

How much do they owe Maddon?

A fraction of what Arte owed GMJ, Wells, Hamilton, Pujols, Upton, etc...and he had no problem eating those contracts.

I think it's more of a pride thing for Arte though. He hired Maddon, and fired Eppler's guy after only one season.

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think if Maddon isn’t fired tomorrow morning then it isn’t going to happen until Sunday if the team continues to struggle.  

i don't think they fire maddon at all. firing the manager for a losing streak is dumb. firing him for poor seasonal performance is fine.