• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would you do to shake things up?

mmc

This team is obviously in a real funk, and while this team could use a whole hell of a lot, I want to keep this realistic.  What would you do in order to shake things up with the major league roster that is currently terribly underperforming?  I posted this in another thread, but I'd look at DFAing Mayfield and Wade to call up Stefanic and MacKinnon.  Both are hitting nicely in AAA, and would hopefully provide a spark as both would be looking to prove themselves as major leaguers and will play hard.  I would also replace Lagares with Adell as I think his energy could help the big league team as well.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Just accept that this team stinks so in the near future you won’t care very much whether they win or lose 

If I wasn't stuck in my bedroom with Covid I wouldn't have watched any of the last few games

REBUILD!!!!! Have young players in OF Ward, Marsh and Adell. Yes see if you can trade Mike Trout and Ohtani get as many young players as you can. This will be 7 straight losing seasons. Shake it up no tear it down. Walsh, Rengifo and Velasquez stay. Many young pitchers need time to develop so next year will be same and Trout and Ohtani know that. May have to eat some of Trout's contract but only way he gets to playoffs will be with another team. Fire Maddon tonight. 

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just accept that this team stinks so in the near future you won’t care very much whether they win or lose 

Sadly, I've already reached that point. I didn't even check to see what the score was until the 3rd inning when it was 4-0. Then, I went to do something else. Next time I checked, it was 8-0. 

Being sort of serious, I think they should give Adell another look.  Maybe he can come up and give them a bit of a spark.  Who’s he gonna take AB’s from ? Fucking Juan Lagares ?   Literally can’t do much worse than they’re doing now.  
I get that he’s been hot and cold at AAA but he doesn’t really have that much to prove there.  It might help him out as well. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

That's realistic.

But where is the outrage?

Well you know how I feel about Maddon.  He’s the worst I’ve seen.  But I’m not sure this is his fault.  Doesn’t mean he won’t get the ultimate blame.  

32 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Being sort of serious, I think they should give Adell another look.  Maybe he can come up and give them a bit of a spark.  Who’s he gonna take AB’s from ? Fucking Juan Lagares ?   Literally can’t do much worse than they’re doing now.  
I get that he’s been hot and cold at AAA but he doesn’t really have that much to prove there.  It might help him out as well. 

The problem is that he might make an error that impacts the game causing the Angels to lose by 6 runs instead of 5. Not sure it’s worth the risk.

2 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The problem is that he might make an error that impacts the game causing the Angels to lose by 6 runs instead of 5. Not sure it’s worth the risk.

Juan Lagares single handedly lost two of these games.  By himself he’s probably more responsible for the slump than any other person in the organization.