• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Call me crazy, but...

BTH

I wouldn't mind Trout and/or Ohtani requesting a trade.

Maybe it would be the wake up call Arte Moreno needs (I kind of doubt it, but I don't know what else would even have a chance of waking him up).

I doubt Trout does it, but I don't think Ohtani's gonna want to re-sign with the Angels at this rate. Maybe he's too polite to request a trade, but even losing him in free agency should be a wake up call to Arte.

(As a side note, Ohtani to the Mets makes a ton of sense since they have the money and Ohtani has a good relationship with Eppler)

Just now, tdawg87 said:

That would be the absolute lowest point of this organization.

Why on earth would you want that?

the only way this organization is going to improve is if Arte Moreno makes the necessary changes or sells the team. I'd be willing to deal with the lowest point of the organization if it meant that the organization would be built up properly.

Right now they are hoping to stumble into success. I'd take a 5-year collapse to build a sustainable winner.

Just now, PattyD22 said:

We’ve been in a 6 year one.  

a 6-year period of hoping to stumble into success, yes.

They haven't torn down the entire roster, tanked, and attempted a proper rebuild.

It's natural for people to want recompense for the perceived wrongdoings of the team they're personally interested in, at least in terms of time, money and brain space. 

Trendon is mad and he wants the Angels to suffer for this. 

Personally, I think it's stupid. The Angels were over-performing before and are greatly underperforming now. 

All I can say, is that it's a long season. Next week the Angels will win 5 in a row and Trendon and everyone else will be back in love with the team. 

8 minutes ago, Trendon said:

the only way this organization is going to improve is if Arte Moreno makes the necessary changes or sells the team. I'd be willing to deal with the lowest point of the organization if it meant that the organization would be built up properly.

Right now they are hoping to stumble into success. I'd take a 5-year collapse to build a sustainable winner.

I mean, I do believe Arte is the one constant in this organizations failures. But man, I just can't even fathom wanting something like this to happen. Or even discussing it.

My fandom has been iffy at best the last decade, but I still love watching Trout and Ohtani. These are guys you don't want to see on another team. Like no. I don't even want to think about that.

I'm as angry as anyone about this team right now, but holy shit. Just no.

18 minutes ago, mmc said:

Sorry but there’s not a chance in hell a team trades for Trout, he’s owed way too much money, on the wrong side of 30, and not far removed from a significant injury

I didn't suggest following through on any request, just hoping there will be one to potentially get Arte's attention.

25 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, I do believe Arte is the one constant in this organizations failures. But man, I just can't even fathom wanting something like this to happen. Or even discussing it.

My fandom has been iffy at best the last decade, but I still love watching Trout and Ohtani. These are guys you don't want to see on another team. Like no. I don't even want to think about that.

I'm as angry as anyone about this team right now, but holy shit. Just no.

I care more about the team as a whole than any individual player. I want the team to be successful. The Rays and A's have a revolving door of players, but they actually have periods where they consistently win.

I'd take a contending team over Trout and Ohtani 100% of the time. Team > Individual Players.

28 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It's natural for people to want recompense for the perceived wrongdoings of the team they're personally interested in, at least in terms of time, money and brain space. 

Trendon is mad and he wants the Angels to suffer for this. 

Personally, I think it's stupid. The Angels were over-performing before and are greatly underperforming now. 

All I can say, is that it's a long season. Next week the Angels will win 5 in a row and Trendon and everyone else will be back in love with the team. 

If that happened, yes I would because I am a victim of my own irrational fandom.

But that's not gonna happen. This team isn't just losing, they are making constant mental and physical mistakes.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

I wouldn't mind Trout and/or Ohtani requesting a trade.

Maybe it would be the wake up call Arte Moreno needs (I kind of doubt it, but I don't know what else would even have a chance of waking him up).

I doubt Trout does it, but I don't think Ohtani's gonna want to re-sign with the Angels at this rate. Maybe he's too polite to request a trade, but even losing him in free agency should be a wake up call to Arte.

(As a side note, Ohtani to the Mets makes a ton of sense since they have the money and Ohtani has a good relationship with Eppler)

Theres some points to consider here, but...

Why is any of this on Moreno right now?

I was one of the loudest on here wanting Stroman tbis past offseason. Any watched him?

I was as tempur tantrum as anyone else on here when we lost out on him AND Ray this past year.

Imagine having either of those contracts and the results right now.

Trout and Ohtani requesting a trade...

Sure, i couldnt blame them...

But both need to not be part of the losing streak first before theres anyone to blame, much less Moreno.

We were all ecstatic when we locked up Trout. And if we lock up Ohtani were all going to go crazy and masterbate. 

But are either doing much to break the streak right now?