• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Call me crazy, but...

BTH

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

All I can say, is that it's a long season. Next week the Angels will win 5 in a row and Trendon and everyone else will be back in love with the team. 

If they win 5 in a row next week, the question will be, did they over-perform, or is that the norm.

Edited by Slegnaac

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theres some points to consider here, but...

Why is any of this on Moreno right now?

From everything we know publicly, Moreno doesn't properly invest in the minors, player development, scouts, front office personnel, etc.

We also know that he interferes with GM's, something that good owners do not do.

45 minutes ago, Trendon said:

From everything we know publicly, Moreno doesn't properly invest in the minors, player development, scouts, front office personnel, etc.

We also know that he interferes with GM's, something that good owners do not do.

So we don’t really know.  Got it. 

14 hours ago, Trendon said:

I wouldn't mind Trout and/or Ohtani requesting a trade.

What performance level have the two have them brought in this 9 game losing streak that puts them in some sort of position to complain?

Ohtani got his ass handed to him in NY and didn't get through 4 innings. This year his OPS is .768 and during this losing streak he is hitting under .200.

Trout the last 12 games has a below the Mendoza hitting line of .196/.275/.370/.645. His defense has been, meh.

They are the two that need to step up because they currently are dragging the team down. They have no high ground to ask for a trade to a contender. They are making it so this team can't contend. 

Trout has a no-trade, so not happening unless he requests it, which I think is unlikely.  

Ohtani will probably receive a Trout-like extension this winter, so, why would he ask to be traded?  

Our best course of action would be to continue to draft and develop pitchers, and maybe add a SS that can hit Maddon's weight. 

On 6/3/2022 at 9:06 PM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Do these guys even care? 8 straight L, make that 9. Yet no team meeting.

We found out yesterday they’ve had 2.

Also, in my 25 years covering baseball my experience is baseball people almost always say meetings are dumb. Do you think they need a meeting to tell them to play better? 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

We found out yesterday they’ve had 2.

Also, in my 25 years covering baseball my experience is baseball people almost always say meetings are dumb. Do you think they need a meeting to tell them to play better? 

Or have team meetings to tell them to care more?  Fans are looking for some easy button for the team playing like shit for a couple weeks. 

12 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Trout has a no-trade, so not happening unless he requests it, which I think is unlikely.  

Ohtani will probably receive a Trout-like extension this winter, so, why would he ask to be traded?  

Our best course of action would be to continue to draft and develop pitchers, and maybe add a SS that can hit Maddon's weight. 

If Trout is traded the Angels would talk to him first. Few teams could take on that contract. Halos have another losing season maybe it's time to move on. I would not give Ohtani 400 mill but trade him also. Go for a youth movement, halos have many already. This winter again will need SP with Thor and Lorenzen on 1 year deals.

Ok, I will admit that just as many players doing well feeds off positively on the rest of the team, so does many doing poorly feeds off negatively on the rest of the team.

So the million billion gazillion dollar question then is, when will the first win happen that would supposedly lead to another domino effect like the good one over the first 37 games?

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Or have team meetings to tell them to care more?  Fans are looking for some easy button for the team playing like shit for a couple weeks. 

I was thinking the same thing.  After reading many of the comments here everyone wants to find a magic bullet, when the issues involved are far more complex and numerous.  Sometimes there is a priority order for tackling problems though, and right now we have a bullpen issue that is totally stalled with no easy fix in sight.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

They just need to look like they care more. Maybe Trout can throw a base or something.

That's not helping the team win.  That's just showing your opponent that they are getting to you, and encourages them.  I would rather see them focus on their efforts to help the team win.

18 minutes ago, tomsred said:

That's not helping the team win.  That's just showing your opponent that they are getting to you, and encourages them.  I would rather see them focus on their efforts to help the team win.

I was joking.