• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Yankees 6/2/2022 Detmers on the mound 4:05 pm start

21 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

OK, but your conclusion is wrong.

With Adell: 15-9 9 (.625)

13 games after Adell: 9-4 (.692)

So they actually got better without Adell.

Or are you suggesting that it took a full two weeks for Adell's mystical fighting spirit to depart their collective consciousness?

Team is missing the youthful energy of Adell his speed on the bases and also Rendon.

1 minute ago, Robrock30 said:

Team is missing the youthful energy of Adell his speed on the bases and also Rendon.

i don't think the team is missing adell and his unforced errors allowing extra runs. he was playing like shit, and he still is down in AAA right now. i don't think this team needs to see him for the rest of the season actually. he has massive amounts to learn down there still.

this team is almost at .500 and falling out of the race again. bummer because i like it better when they are good, but they haven't been good in a long time. i'm not going to get too bothered one way or the other anymore. maybe someday they'll stop wasting two generational talents, and i'm not dismissing the players culpability in all of this either. nut the fuck up you losers.

Who was the last player on this team that would have called out his teammates for swinging at the first pitch down 6 runs? 3 out of 4 hitters in a row did that including the catcher unbelievably swinging at the first pitch when only 3 pitches had been thrown that inning to get the first two outs. The last one I can think of is Torii Hunter. Of course, he called out Sosh in the media in 2012, and he wasn't even offered a contract at the end of the year. 

Somebody must have said something because after that, I don't think anyone swung at the first pitch the rest of the game. Not swinging at the first pitch when you're down several runs is crap you learn not to do in little league for chrissakes.

This team has seemed too comfortable for years. Since you can't get rid of the owner, maybe they need an asshole for a manager, or get some assholes on the team. The A's and the Yankees used to beat the crap out of my Angels, and each other, in the 70's & 80's when I was a kid. They were all best buddies after making it to the post-season though.

That lazy outfield play by Trout might have cost the game. Is his head in Philly already?  He and Ohtani didn't impress the New York media in this series. And perceptions carry over into all star and MVP voting. 

Breaking up the perfect game and winning could have led to a momentum boost. Instead, the way they lost just adds to the collective misery. 

Such strange bullpen use. Why have a closer if you don't have confidence he can do what he's paid for? Especially with a chance to end an embarrassing losing streak?

The ninth inning was one of the most important of the season and it ended as a farce. On the mound and at the plate. The Yankees gifted the bases loaded and Rengifo can't get the ball out if the infield.