• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

another netflix documentary.

"eddie strongman": about eddie hall, the british strongman who competes in world's strongest man. they followed him for 2 years, pretty interesting. those guys are crazy and for not a lot of money. lots of The Mountain in it too, since he competes with those guys as well. they all seem like good cats.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, aznhockeyguy said:

A co-worker recommended Parks and Recreation.  Was a big fan of the Office and am really enjoying Parks and Recreation as well.

I am doing the same thing. I just finished re-watching all 9 seasons of The Office, and really enjoyed picking up on funny things I missed the first time around. Cousin Mose is my new hero, as well as new profile picture. I loved the Series Finale. I think it was one of the better finales ever done. It was the right combination of humor, sentimentality, and left you feeling that everything was wrapped up.

Parks and Recreation seemed like the obvious progression.

5 hours ago, NJHalo said:

I am doing the same thing. I just finished re-watching all 9 seasons of The Office, and really enjoyed picking up on funny things I missed the first time around. Cousin Mose is my new hero, as well as new profile picture. I loved the Series Finale. I think it was one of the better finales ever done. It was the right combination of humor, sentimentality, and left you feeling that everything was wrapped up.

Parks and Recreation seemed like the obvious progression.

Of course I recognized Cousin Mose.  Not sure if you know but Cousin Mose is actually played by one of the staff, either a writer or producer.  I recommended the Office to said co-worker who recommended Parks and Recreation.  I agree with what you said about the Office's series finale, wrapped up everything with a wide range of emotions, though the last 3 seasons as a whole sucked.  I'm mid way through season 4 on Parks and Rec and have really enjoyed the show so far.  

17 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Of course I recognized Cousin Mose.  Not sure if you know but Cousin Mose is actually played by one of the staff, either a writer or producer.  I recommended the Office to said co-worker who recommended Parks and Recreation.  I agree with what you said about the Office's series finale, wrapped up everything with a wide range of emotions, though the last 3 seasons as a whole sucked.  I'm mid way through season 4 on Parks and Rec and have really enjoyed the show so far.  

Glad to hear the good review of Parks and Recreation.

Before I changed my pic, I did a little reading up on the guy who played Mose. It is one of the lead writers named Michael Schur. He is also a writer for Parks and Recreation as well as Brooklyn 99. He is married to Regis Philbin's daughter. In an interview, he said he hated acting, and only did it because of pressure from his boss on the Office. That's why Mose is a man of few words.

They actually planned a spin-off called The Farm, which would have featured Dwight and Mose, as well as cousin Zeke, who was introduced at the end. They did one pilot episode, but NBC did not pick it up.

Totally agree with you about the last 3 seasons. That is one of the reasons I went back to watch it, because I had given up on it after Steve Carrell left.

32 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Glad to hear the good review of Parks and Recreation.

Before I changed my pic, I did a little reading up on the guy who played Mose. It is one of the lead writers named Michael Schur. He is also a writer for Parks and Recreation as well as Brooklyn 99. He is married to Regis Philbin's daughter. In an interview, he said he hated acting, and only did it because of pressure from his boss on the Office. That's why Mose is a man of few words.

They actually planned a spin-off called The Farm, which would have featured Dwight and Mose, as well as cousin Zeke, who was introduced at the end. They did one pilot episode, but NBC did not pick it up.

Totally agree with you about the last 3 seasons. That is one of the reasons I went back to watch it, because I had given up on it after Steve Carrell left.

Yea the rumored spinoffs with Dwight, too bad it didn't work out, but I don't think the show would've lasted anyways.  Speaking of the farm, if you go to TripAdvisor and look for Schrute Farms, they made a site for it.

I saw Martin Scoresese's new film 'Silence' about missionaries traveling to Japan in the 1600's. I have to say that this was an utterly fantastic movie and it's a shame to see it flounder at the box office as well as miss out on any decent critical acclaim.

I think the problem lies with this film being a very religious movie, but not a rah rah Jesus movie that brings out the church audience. This was an honest, yet faith affirming look at questioning your beliefs - questioning your interpretations and questioning yourself. This is a film that might upset the evangelical and the staunch atheist, but for anyone that may have spent significant time away from the church, or distant from God, this is a reminder that he was always with you.

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I saw Martin Scoresese's new film 'Silence' about missionaries traveling to Japan in the 1600's. I have to say that this was an utterly fantastic movie and it's a shame to see it flounder at the box office as well as miss out on any decent critical acclaim.

I think the problem lies with this film being a very religious movie, but not a rah rah Jesus movie that brings out the church audience. This was an honest, yet faith affirming look at questioning your beliefs - questioning your interpretations and questioning yourself. This is a film that might upset the evangelical and the staunch atheist, but for anyone that may have spent significant time away from the church, or distant from God, this is a reminder that he was always with you.

The other problem is that it is a near 3 hour movie. Not many people can handle that anymore. I will definitely be seeing this though. I like your positive review. 

On December 15, 2016 at 7:27 PM, cezero said:

The conversation between Daniel and Kerwin about fanasies is where it really starts hitting every literary check mark, culminating with the final scene. 

meant to comment on this earlier... the scenes with Daniel and Kerwin were outstanding. 

another good show is Nobel. 

finally started using my amazon prime tonight. watch S1 E1 of The Man in the High Castle. I'm intrigued and this is hopefully going to be worthwhile.

also watched S1 E1 of Workaholics. funny guys. it's the episode about the urine test at work.

And also one of my favorites from that year. It's a generally very well-regarded movie. Basically a twisted Broadcast News/Network, and definitely a better movie tackling similar subject though far less seriously than the recent movie Christine, about the reporter Christine Chubbuck.

Averages a 4.0/5 on Letterboxd.com, which is normally a more discerning crowd than IMDb, but both seem to pretty much exactly on the same wavelength.

On 1/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, cezero said:

Silence was great.I would no more categorize it as a "religious movie" than I would categorize Fiddler on the Roof as a "religious musical", though. 

I guess it depends on your definition of a 'religious movie.' No it's not 'Fireproof' and It's not exactly a catholic movie either, but it's a film about faith, and Jesus himself has a small but significant role in the film.

I watched Where to Invade Next. Michael Moore doc. Totally different than I thought it was going to be. Thought it was about the military. It's not. It's about how societies function differently around the world versus the U.S. Basically, the U.S. does most things (prison system, educational system, employment, etc.) in ways that are set up for profit rather than for the good of the people. Really interesting watch.

On 1/16/2017 at 0:31 AM, Tank said:

finally started using my amazon prime tonight. watch S1 E1 of The Man in the High Castle. I'm intrigued and this is hopefully going to be worthwhile.

also watched S1 E1 of Workaholics. funny guys. it's the episode about the urine test at work.

Was Trump a guest star?

31 minutes ago, Adam said:

I was thinking about it today. I think gyllenhall (sp?) was just god awful. Ruined everything else

It's weird because that's what I enjoyed most and what is generally praised the most from that movie. Like when "Oscar So White" controversy last year was happening and everyone was upset that black people didn't get nominated, a lot of people were citing the lack of a Jake Gyllenhaal nomination being the biggest snub of all.

Wait...Nightcrawler actually would actually have been two years ago. So I guess it was people being overwhelmingly upset about the lack of David Oyelowo not being nominated for Selma and people citing Jake as a bigger snub.

It's a heightened performance so I'm assuming his mannerisms just got on your nerves?