• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

19 hours ago, Lou said:

Finally started watching this. Definitely digging it. 

Watched the first episode and while it is completely different from other sitcoms, I didn’t laugh at all. I guess it just wasn't my kind of humor.

Edited by T.G.

HBO Max:  Perry Mason  So a reboot of the old vintage Perry Mason.  I thought it started off real slow.  They were really trying to develop the characters, and in the end, it was probably a good thing.  Overall, if you could get past the development phase, it a pretty good lawyer show.  I think it was originally supposed to be cast with Robert downey Jr, as Mason.  And that, I don't think that would have been a good fit.  Rhys brought some grittiness that fit well with the depression vibe.  All the main characters were well done, so looking forward to the second season.

HBO Max:  McMillion$  Yeah, I'm late to the party on this one.  A documentary about the McDonalds Monopoly scam.  Really well done, and surprisingly had a lot of cooperation from some of the main culprits.  So a lot of firsthand interviews.  Definitely a good series to watch for McDonalds fans, documentary fans, true crime fans.  

HBO Max:  Heaven's Gate:  The Cult of Cults  A documentary about the Heaven's Gate cult.  Overall, I thought it was a pretty vanilla documentary.  Nothing really new coming out of it.  The last episode I thought was the most interesting after all the cultists committed suicide.  And that's what happened to some of the cultists that left.  If you don't know about the Heaven's Gate, then it might be an interesting series to watch.  But it just didn't have enough new information for me, to keep me fully interested.  

19 hours ago, Redondo said:

S4 of Fargo

I like it so far. 6 episodes in.

Reveal hidden contents

Doctor Senator played by Glynn Turman was a great role.

Turman played it to a tee. Excellent acting.

Will miss him the rest of the season.

I'm only 1 episode in and I'm not feeling Chris Rock as a gangster. They could've casted someone better.... like Mike Milligan from season 2

4 hours ago, Tank said:

started S4 of Fargo tonight. two episodes in. meh.

watched the first two episodes of S1 of Broadchurch. Fascinating.

Hide contents

seems like everyone in broadchurch has some involvement in this kids murder.

That's the best part about it.

They weave a wide tale.

David Tennant is an excellent actor.

I just re-watched Wall Street with the lady-friend and it was both great and bad at the same time. Some of the acting was truly horrible: especially Charlie Sheen and Daryl Hannah, but I also wonder if that was part of the point in casting them: making them look like vapid yuppies. But Martin Sheen and Michael Douglas were both great, and the message of the film is even more relevant today as it was in 1987.

I watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves and was intrigued, but am lukewarm on continuing from what I've read of reviews. But I'll give it another episode or two.

I was binge-watching House and really enjoyed it, but lost steam midway through season 7. Gregory House's political incorrectness seems from a different era. Oh, the good old days.

We watched The Irishman a few weeks ago and I thought it was rather tedious. I hated the CGI (or whatever they did to make them look a bit younger), and it felt like a poor version of Goodfellas, without the magic.

Edited by Angelsjunky

8 hours ago, Don said:

So Ted Lasso is really good. Like legit surprised me. Loved this scene:

I watched the first episode and found it to be just ok. However, that was a good clip. Might give it another shot. Thanks.

Watched the first couple episodes of Nurse Rached: meh, visually interesting but the writing just not there for me.
Watched some of the Queen's Gambit, through the episode with the kid cowboy chess player. It's ok. Doubt I'll finish. Visually nice though. 
Still on The Crown, at the point where Prince Charles meets Camilla. Great show, some episodes drag but very well done overall. 

Just finished Mad Men. Kind of petered off near the end, the last episode doing a bunch of perfect little bows. Pretty damn good show overall though.