• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 8/8/2018 at 4:13 AM, LBHalos17 said:

Brockmire, Preacher, and Black Sails are playing right now.

Brockmire 1st season is hilarious, and has picked-up after the first two shaky episodes of season two.

Preacher is very strange, and even with that description has kinda rode off the rails this season.  Still entertaining though.

Black Sails is great for us pirate lovers.  It's got the pirate violence, sex, and politics.

I've got SOA, Sicario, and a few other oldies cued-up as time allows....

Every time I crack a beer now, I think to myself, “Aaaaand we are drinkin’ a beer!”

Finally watched black panther on my flight to Chicago. Not bad, not great. Glad I waited to see it without paying for it.

on the flight home I watched  the 15:17 train to Paris. Enjoyed it very much. I liked that the three main characters were the actual people in the event and not actors. 

5 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Saw The MEG last night. Make sure you get a seat simulator!  A must see if you're going to the beach. Jason was awesome. It was pretty much what I expected, and lots of fun.

1534347214133.jpg

Sounds exciting. An unreal sized shark wreaking havoc. The concept has never been done before so I’ll get the lady on board for this one.

9 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Saw The MEG last night. Make sure you get a seat simulator!  A must see if you're going to the beach. Jason was awesome. It was pretty much what I expected, and lots of fun.

1534347214133.jpg

Based on what I know of you, I'm guessing he probably eats a lot of democrats.

Crazy Rich Asians.  Yeah, I went to go see it, because you don't see an all Asian cast get great reviews very often.  They say it's a Romcom.  But more of a Romance movie than a comedy movie (I was hoping more on the comedy side.).  It had it's moments of funny, but they were short moments, and seemed kind of forced.  Overall, it's a pretty predictable chick flick, that the chicks will probably go gaga over.  For guys, it's a definite pass movie.  Let your chicks go see it with their chick friends, because the comedy was not enough to carry it for guys.  Overall, guys pass.  Chicks, even though it's an all Asian cast, it's kind of like those adult princess movies.  

And yes, I need to do something to renew my man card.

On 8/12/2018 at 3:41 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Malcom X. Hadnt seen it in 20 years or so. Great movie. Love historical pieces. 

Probably Denzel's best performance....which is saying a ton. 

Just watched this last night for the first time. Was a pretty big blindspot for me, but definitely great.

Watched a few Spike Lee movies over the past few days, watched She's Gotta Have It and School Daze for the first time, mildly liked She's Gotta Have It, and did not like School Daze at all. Amazing how just one year after School Daze, he directed Do the Right Thing which I also rewatched and is still a great movie, probably my favorite Spike Lee.

Also went and saw BlacKkKlansman which is my favorite Spike Lee movie probably since Inside Man

Haven't posted that much in this thread this year as there's been a diminished amount of movie talk here, but just a heads up for other 2018 movies I think are worth checking out:

Mission: Impossible - Fallout - probably my second favorite M:I movie behind Ghost Protocol

Hereditary

Paddington 2 - surprisingly great if you're into ridiculously polite bears

Isle of Dogs

First Reformed - Paul Schrader does Taxi Driver, again but with a priest

Sorry to Bother You - debut film by rapper Boots Riley and it's incredibly weird but great

A Quiet Place

Game Night - way more fun than I expected it to be

Mom and Dad - only seek out if you're in the mood for a fun and wacked out Nicolas Cage performance

On 8/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, Lou said:

have seen the documentary: Freddie Mercury - The Great Pretender?

20 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

Looking forward to the Bohemian Rhapsody movie.

I have not seen the documentary, but will make sure I do.

I remember hearing about the Bohemian Rhapsody movie a few years ago. I thought Sasha Baron Cohen was supposed to play Freddie Mercury, but now I see it is Rhemi Malek. He looked great in the trailer.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:34 PM, gotbeer said:

Crazy Rich Asians.  Yeah, I went to go see it, because you don't see an all Asian cast get great reviews very often.  They say it's a Romcom.  But more of a Romance movie than a comedy movie (I was hoping more on the comedy side.).  It had it's moments of funny, but they were short moments, and seemed kind of forced.  Overall, it's a pretty predictable chick flick, that the chicks will probably go gaga over.  For guys, it's a definite pass movie.  Let your chicks go see it with their chick friends, because the comedy was not enough to carry it for guys.  Overall, guys pass.  Chicks, even though it's an all Asian cast, it's kind of like those adult princess movies.  

And yes, I need to do something to renew my man card.

Even though it’s a predictable plot, I still enjoyed the movie. 

This coming from a guy who voluntarily goes to taylor swift concerts. 

8 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Even though it’s a predictable plot, I still enjoyed the movie. 

This coming from a guy who voluntarily goes to taylor swift concerts. 

That's one way to instantly obliterate your own credibility.

Just kidding.

It was already nonexistent: GO CLIPPERS!