• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Have been watching a ton of silent comedies. Can't really decide who I like the best between Chaplin, Keaton, and Harold Lloyd, but they are all great. Lloyd is easily the underrated one among them, but I'd put him on the same level based on what I've seen. If I had to pick one though, I'm think I'm going Buster Keaton.

Thanks to MoviePass, we have now seen all nine best picture nominees. Here's how I'd rank them:

1. The Post
2. Get Out
3. Lady Bird
4. Darkest Hour
5. Phantom Thread
6. Call Me by Your Name
7. Three Billboards
8. Dunkirk
9. The Shape of Water

I liked I, Tonya and The Disaster Artist more than several of the movies that were nominated. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Thanks to MoviePass, we have now seen all nine best picture nominees. Here's how I'd rank them:

1. The Post
2. Get Out
3. Lady Bird
4. Darkest Hour
5. Phantom Thread
6. Call Me by Your Name
7. Three Billboards
8. Dunkirk
9. The Shape of Water

I liked I, Tonya and The Disaster Artist more than several of the movies that were nominated. 

This is probably the first time I've seen every best picture nominee without really trying to since they've expanded beyond 5 nominees. Ranking them, I would put as:

1. Phantom Thread

2. Three Billboards

3. Get Out.

4. Call Me By Your Name

5. The Shape of Water

6. Lady Bird

7. Dunkirk

8. The Post

9. The Darkest Hour

I would input I, Tonya slightly behind The Post, and The Disaster Artist tied with The Darkest Hour. That said, I enjoyed all the movies to some degree.

On February 9, 2018 at 12:48 PM, Sam Sanchez said:

Have been watching a ton of silent comedies. Can't really decide who I like the best between Chaplin, Keaton, and Harold Lloyd, but they are all great. Lloyd is easily the underrated one among them, but I'd put him on the same level based on what I've seen. If I had to pick one though, I'm think I'm going Buster Keaton.

but did you lol? 

On January 14, 2018 at 7:10 PM, Redondo said:

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders

Some of this season felt like the cast mailed it in. Overall good to watch since we are familiar with all the characters.

Sounds like they have a season 5 coming out of all this and they are working on it.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/peaky-blinders/feature/a847166/peaky-blinders-season-5-release-date-trailer-plot-cast/

I liked S4 more than S3. The whole Russian thing didn't  Really captivate me. That being said, the S3 finale was great. 

On 2/9/2018 at 12:48 PM, Sam Sanchez said:

I never liked Chaplin, but that's me.  Keaton to me was the best of the 3 with his unique look.  I agree with your take that Lloyd was underrated.

Chaplin is probably my least favorite but still like him a lot. He has very high highs. I love The Kid and City Lights a lot, and a couple shorts like The Immigrant and Easy Street are great but he doesn't have the same amount that I love with Keaton: The General, Sherlock Jr, Seven Chances, Cops, One Week, The High Sign, etc... Just a lot of awesome ones.

I've been working my way through Harold Lloyd, Safety Last is amazing, and Speedy is awesome for a baseball fan as Babe Ruth plays himself in a fairly long cameo as part of the plot. I subscribed to Filmstruck, and they have like 25 Harold Lloyd films/shorts. Not bad.

11 hours ago, Sam Sanchez said:

Chaplin is probably my least favorite but still like him a lot. He has very high highs. I love The Kid and City Lights a lot, and a couple shorts like The Immigrant and Easy Street are great but he doesn't have the same amount that I love with Keaton: The General, Sherlock Jr, Seven Chances, Cops, One Week, The High Sign, etc... Just a lot of awesome ones.

I've been working my way through Harold Lloyd, Safety Last is amazing, and Speedy is awesome for a baseball fan as Babe Ruth plays himself in a fairly long cameo as part of the plot. I subscribed to Filmstruck, and they have like 25 Harold Lloyd films/shorts. Not bad.

You gotta wonder how many jokes go over your head because you can't quite follow some of these 100 year old references.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:17 AM, NJHalo said:

Ozark on Netflix is a solid 8+

I'm almost done with it and it's been really solid... almost like a poor man's Breaking Bad. It has yet to really turn the corner into great but I honestly felt that way about Breaking Bad for at least a couple of seasons.

Jason Bateman is doing a great job of showing he has considerably more range than you might expect from your typical sitcom actor. He has the same likability of his Arrested Development character but with the ability to deliver some seriously dark moments that are just savage AF.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You gotta wonder how many jokes go over your head because you can't quite follow some of these 100 year old references.

True. I've watched a ton of silent and 1930s movies in general, so I probably get the majority of the stuff and the humor but there has definitely been times where I've read up on a few of them and explained something that I wasn't even aware was intended to be funny , so I'm sure there's way more I could be getting out of it too. Especially the 1930s when the Hays Code kicked in, a lot of "dirty" humor had to rely on innuendo that sometimes could go over the audience's head.

On February 10, 2018 at 9:44 PM, Blarg said:

I struggled through the first three episodes of season one with the damn accent and convoluted plot and gave up. 

You're missing out.

lol @ the accents. I had to rewind so much that I finally just gave up and now watch it with subtitles. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

You're missing out.

lol @ the accents. I had to rewind so much that I finally just gave up and now watch it with subtitles. 

You should try watching it over dubbed in a Spanish translation just to really screw with your head. 

Hell I should, I'd probably understand more of it that way. 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

You're missing out.

With all the foreign films we watch we use subtitles all the time. Even the British shows require it. You miss too much of the plot. 

It's really hard to watch a show dubbed into English and the subtitles don't match.