• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 11/23/2017 at 12:59 AM, Sam Sanchez said:

MoviePass is what I’ve been using the last few months. From what I’ve read is that theyre selling data from viewing habits and what is being watched and whatever useful data can be acquired from this. I’m fine with that...$9.99 for a movie a day is ridiculous. Granted they know most people can only go like a handful of times a month. I’ve gone like 3 or 4 times a month since I’ve got it. Still a bargain for me, and not draining to them, so I’d imagine they take that into consideration.

It’s down to $6.99/month right now. Also, I think some chains that are more food/beverage focused are happy to work with Movie Pass because the main goal of the theater is to get someone in the seat to order beer/cocktails/food. 

If anyone has Hulu or wants to test out their free trial, I'd recommend a documentary called How to Build a Time Machine.

The director is from a podcast I listen to and it debuted at festivals well over year ago and despite solid reviews was having trouble finding a release. I finally caught it at a one time screening and Q&A in LA a couple months ago and thought it was very good. It finally hit streaming on Hulu at the beginning of the month. Would recommend giving it a shot if you're looking for a documentary and have Hulu.

Movie info:

https://letterboxd.com/film/how-to-build-a-time-machine/

finally watched there will be blood. I'll never watch it again and it took me over two flights and even a couple days between to finish it because it was one of the most boring things I've ever seen in my life. ddl crushes and shows why he's one of the best and the setting and scenes were solid, but at the end of the day it took two hours and thirty something minutes to explain a movie that is summed up in eight paragraphs on imdb. I want to like it for a few reasons, but what a waste of time....just read the synopsis.

started watching deadwood. had some weird issue where my shows were deleted from the iPad so I'm only 3-4 episodes deep. seems similar to hell on wheels.

i'm actually going to have time to watch some new things coming up here in a week or so

- stranger things 2 is at the top

- on the fence about the punisher

any other suggestions? i see mind hunters from chuck and a few others, and am looking for more

3 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i'm actually going to have time to watch some new things coming up here in a week or so

- stranger things 2 is at the top

- on the fence about the punisher

any other suggestions? i see mind hunters from chuck and a few others, and am looking for more

Stranger Things 2 was alright...if you liked the first one you will like the second one. I enjoyed them both, but wasn't as big a fan as others.

On 11/28/2017 at 6:09 PM, Brandon said:

finally watched there will be blood. I'll never watch it again and it took me over two flights and even a couple days between to finish it because it was one of the most boring things I've ever seen in my life. ddl crushes and shows why he's one of the best and the setting and scenes were solid, but at the end of the day it took two hours and thirty something minutes to explain a movie that is summed up in eight paragraphs on imdb. I want to like it for a few reasons, but what a waste of time....just read the synopsis.

started watching deadwood. had some weird issue where my shows were deleted from the iPad so I'm only 3-4 episodes deep. seems similar to hell on wheels.

i love that movie. the soundtrack is fantastic and visually it's really cool. i think the oil history is california is neat, as his character is basically doheny (which is what Oil! is loosely based on). i dont love the ending though, i feel like he ran out of runway.

but i think DDL was awesome, but even better in gangs of new york.

5 hours ago, red321 said:

Stranger Things 2 was alright...if you liked the first one you will like the second one. I enjoyed them both, but wasn't as big a fan as others.

yeah, i enjoyed season 1 mostly for nostalgia

i've heard 2 is worth watching, and any goonies references will make it worth watching for me no matter what

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i love that movie. the soundtrack is fantastic and visually it's really cool. i think the oil history is california is neat, as his character is basically doheny (which is what Oil! is loosely based on). i dont love the ending though, i feel like he ran out of runway.

but i think DDL was awesome, but even better in gangs of new york.

I loved everything about the movie but the plot/story. like you said, the ending happens and you're just left there thinking, "wtf? that's it?"

so much to like about the movie, but many say it's one of the best endings of any movie and I didn't feel that way at all.

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

I loved everything about the movie but the plot/story. like you said, the ending happens and you're just left there thinking, "wtf? that's it?"

so much to like about the movie, but many say it's one of the best endings of any movie and I didn't feel that way at all.

I 'kinda hate' to 'kinda agree' with you... The movie is super slow and doesn't completely pay off in the way you would hope for such a slow build (see The Good Shepard for an example of a super slow movie with a totally worth it payoff). At the same time, from a craft perspective it is flawless. The visuals, the acting, the themes, the music, all are top notch.

47 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I 'kinda hate' to 'kinda agree' with you... The movie is super slow and doesn't completely pay off in the way you would hope for such a slow build (see The Good Shepard for an example of a super slow movie with a totally worth it payoff). At the same time, from a craft perspective it is flawless. The visuals, the acting, the themes, the music, all are top notch.

exactly. I don't know how to verbalize it, but you did. everything about the movie is solid....and even to an extent after I read the synopsis to make sure I didn't miss anything (the twins thing really threw me off and maybe I was in-between flights, but at the end didn't 100% get it). that's why I worded it a little differently as I loved everything else about the movie and in execution it was flawless and a perfect movie...a lot to like. it's just from start to finish I was left underwhelmed which it sounds like we all agree. many things to take from this flick to use as an example to create a good movie.

I haven't seen gangs of New York in so many years, so I may be off, but ddl's performance here is my favorite over gangs and Lincoln.

thanks for the good Shepard mention, another flick I never made it through and haven't gotten back around to.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Broadchurch just came out on Neflix with new episodes. Watched one last night.

Frontier and The Crown have new episodes also on Netflix

Is that season 3? (with the sexual assault)

Edited by Lou

58 minutes ago, Adam said:

Gangs of New York was garbage. Nearly as bad as Fight Club. 

I've been catching up on old The First 48 Episodes. So many people accused of murder when they were actually stay'n at their baby mama house

Ha. One of my all time favorite movies. But the book is even better (written in 1930s and non-fiction).

I loved Fight Club movie, but the book was trash. All his books feel like freshman highschooler taking their first artistic writing class.

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

We are on episode seven of stranger things season two.

I won't give spoilers, but definitely my least favorite episode of the series. The story line with "8" is kind of meh. The Lost Boys vibe was kind of fun though, I wish they had dropped some actual references to it.

Agree about episode 7.  Episode 8 and 9 make up for it though.