• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perspective Thread

Well we have the Failo Thread so to counter that thread with a thread that adds perspective I figure I would create a thread.  So here it goes.

So far here are the Angels Results over their first 43 games.  

26-17 (9 games over .500), 2nd place 1.5 games back

We’ve played 13 series so far.

We’ve Won: 9 series (2 sweeps)

We’ve Split: 1

We’ve Lost: 3 (one 3 game sweep)

So we are 9-3-1 in Series so far

We are 13-8 at home

We are 12-9 on the road

Run differential +51 (2nd in the AL behind NYY, 3rd in MLB)

Divisional Play: 11-10 

Outside Division: 15-7

Record against teams Teams Over .500: 7-7

Under .500: 19-10

Strength of Schedule as of May 22nd: 18th, Houston is 10th (only relevant team with a tougher schedule so far)

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

And, we have help on the way.. Stassi coming back, Reyes, Buttrey in the pen... were in a very good place.
The only thing i find supremely irritating at this point is the glut of middle infielders playing all over the place.

Rengifo is s catching on.  As long as he continues to be serviceable at 2nd, he could stick that spot while we let Vasquez and Fletcher duke it out for short. 

4 hours ago, tchula said:

Rengifo is s catching on.  As long as he continues to be serviceable at 2nd, he could stick that spot while we let Vasquez and Fletcher duke it out for short. 

Rengifo is hitting .313/.421/.438/.859, you would think that would warrant him as a leadoff candidate. 

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

Rengifo is hitting .313/.421/.438/.859, you would think that would warrant him as a leadoff candidate. 

His improved plate discipline, to go along with his speed, would seem to make him an ideal leadoff candidate / table setter.

Still, it seems that Maddon likes to put his best hitter (or second best) at leadoff (Ohtani last year, Ward this year).  

That aside, if Rengifo can maintain that line, then I would think Wade becomes a utility guy, with Rengifo and Velazquez manning the middle.  Would certainly help improve the offensive numbers of the bottom of our lineup.

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Tyler Wade had a similar slash at a point earlier this season, and people were talking about him batting leadoff.

12 hours ago, Warfarin said:

His improved plate discipline, to go along with his speed, would seem to make him an ideal leadoff candidate / table setter.

Still, it seems that Maddon likes to put his best hitter (or second best) at leadoff (Ohtani last year, Ward this year).  

That aside, if Rengifo can maintain that line, then I would think Ward becomes a utility guy, with Rengifo and Velazquez manning the middle.  Would certainly help improve the offensive numbers of the bottom of our lineup.

Wade* and I'm not so sure he makes it the entire season with Duffy around. I know Duffy is struggling but he's had some success as a hitter and Wade has never been good. His supposed strength as a base runner has been horrendous this year so I could see him being replaced at some point with a 4th OFer.

13 hours ago, Warfarin said:

That aside, if Rengifo can maintain that line, then I would think Ward becomes a utility guy, with Rengifo and Velazquez manning the middle.  Would certainly help improve the offensive numbers of the bottom of our lineup.

Ward a utility guy?  Tell me you mean Wade!

1 hour ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Wade* and I'm not so sure he makes it the entire season with Duffy around. I know Duffy is struggling but he's had some success as a hitter and Wade has never been good. His supposed strength as a base runner has been horrendous this year so I could see him being replaced at some point with a 4th OFer.

I think Wade’s positional versatility makes him a more attractive bench option than Duffy.  Duffy is more of a 2B/3B but not that great defensively.  Offensively, he’s mediocre, but likely a bit better option than Wade.  

Either way, I don’t think either is a particularly enticing bench option.

17 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Do you think if they try putting Wade as leadoff that he may do a better job of getting on base?