• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perspective Thread

16 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I think Wade’s positional versatility makes him a more attractive bench option than Duffy.  Duffy is more of a 2B/3B but not that great defensively.  Offensively, he’s mediocre, but likely a bit better option than Wade.  

Either way, I don’t think either is a particularly enticing bench option.

We don't need Wade since Rengifo can play SS/2B/corner OF and Duffy can play 2B/3B/1B. I'd prefer a 4th OFer on the bench over him.

I was curious what teams have increased their runs per game average in 2022 vs. 2021 than the Angels. I figured the Angels should be at the top considering they've basically added Trout, Rendon & Ward's monster year to a lineup that got almost nothing from those 3 last year.

Highest increase in runs per game 2022 vs. 2021:

1. Mets 0.77

2. Cardinals 0.57

3. Dodgers 0.42

4. Tie between Angels & Yankees 0.35

Largest decrease in runs per game 2022 vs. 2021

1. Blue Jays -1.65

2. Tigers -1.52

3. White Sox -1.30

4. A's -1.28

5. Astros -1.12

7 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

We don't need Wade since Rengifo can play SS/2B/corner OF and Duffy can play 2B/3B/1B. I'd prefer a 4th OFer on the bench over him.

I'm not particularly high on Duffy, but I agree that Wade is a redundant piece if Rengifo continues to hit as he has so far upon his return.  The key part will be how his defense holds up.  I do tire a bit of seeing Wade bunt so frequently, as it's almost like having a non-Ohtani pitcher hitting in the lineup.

11 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

good news is that we are outperforming the experts who said we were a .500 team preseason

I still think that’s a pretty good prediction….not as good as the hot start but not as bad as the last 10 or so…they can of course change the narrative, either way, but until they do, they’re a so-so team…

15 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Brandon Marsh, Luis Rengifo are both legit real bright spots for the Angels.  Not discussed enough imo. 

3 hours ago, Revad said:

Yes.  Plus Ward looks like a star and Velazquez has locked down SS.  

I thought these were nice little perspective tidbits.