• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price

mmc

Value in Price for me is that he’s a high floor if any of our young starters struggle and need to go down, and he’s been good in the bullpen lately, and we could use that depth down the stretch

11 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I'm not sure the Angels having the trade currency to be able to afford a high end acquisition. They're in a tight contention window, but unless you want another decade of misery, Minasian would do well to be careful how much he parts with. 

I think the Dodgers are much more concerned with dumping the money to have deadline flexibility than they are getting a great return back.  If we took most of it I doubt we’d have to give back much

44 minutes ago, mmc said:

I think the Dodgers are much more concerned with dumping the money to have deadline flexibility than they are getting a great return back.  If we took most of it I doubt we’d have to give back much

Wasn't meaning you with Price as much as a people wanting Perry to trade for Castillo.

5 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Wasn't meaning you with Price as much as a people wanting Perry to trade for Castillo.

Yeah I also don't see it happening, he clearly values maintaining the farm.  Something like Price I think might be more realistic, not necessarily him but maybe players that we can acquire for less value due to financial reasons, such as when we traded for Iglesias and Cobb

54 minutes ago, mmc said:

Since when have the Dodgers cared about payroll flexibility?

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Since when have the Dodgers cared about payroll flexibility?

There's multiple instances, dumping AGon, McCarthy, and Kazmir to Atlanta, dumping Puig, Wood, and Kemp to Cincinnati, 

1 hour ago, mmc said:

They just received a lot of payroll flexibility - Bauer's contract has effectively been wiped off their books, saving them over 30 million this year.  I suspect they aren't looking much to freeing up payroll at this point.

38 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

They just received a lot of payroll flexibility - Bauer's contract has effectively been wiped off their books, saving them over 30 million this year.  I suspect they aren't looking much to freeing up payroll at this point.

This is something I always forget about, though ultimately I still don’t think they value Price at his current amount very highly 

Just now, HeavenlyHalos said:

As much as we sometimes complain about Arte there are far far worse owners in MLB. Quite a few of them, in fact. I can't imagine being a Reds fan right now, my guess  is that most of them have an apathetic feeling at this point.

Arte is one of the best imo. Not perfect, but he isn’t afraid to spend money.

29 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

As much as we sometimes complain about Arte there are far far worse owners in MLB. Quite a few of them, in fact. I can't imagine being a Reds fan right now, my guess is that most of them have an apathetic feeling at this point.

They're not apathetic, they're angry. 

Pass on Price.  Think we have enough to get us to the Trade Deadline.  That will tell us what direction we need to go.  If we are Buyers, values should be lower then they are now for guys like Castillo, Mahle, MadBum.  I don't think we need to give up Adell right now.  We should be able to get one of those pitchers by trading potential high ceiling prospects, at the Deadline.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Why would we want David Price?  He's 36 and hasn't been an effective starter in 4 years.  

I haven't seen many people saying this lately, but with this team looking like they could really make a run I really want to see us load up on arms, because it really feels like we're lacking.  We have a solid 4 with Ohtani, Lorenzen, Syndergaard, and Sandoval, but a whole lot of question marks after that.  Price would be a high floor arm, and he really hasn't been that bad over the past few years.  3.62 FIP in 22 starts in 2019, opted out of 2020, and was a decent swingman last season.  I doubt he'd be expensive to acquire and he's the type of piece I think the team will need down the stretch

1 hour ago, Fregosi said:

Pass on Price.  Think we have enough to get us to the Trade Deadline.  That will tell us what direction we need to go.  If we are Buyers, values should be lower then they are now for guys like Castillo, Mahle, MadBum.  I don't think we need to give up Adell right now.  We should be able to get one of those pitchers by trading potential high ceiling prospects, at the Deadline.  

I would much prefer Price for this season than MadBum with 2 years remaining

19 minutes ago, mmc said:

I haven't seen many people saying this lately, but with this team looking like they could really make a run I really want to see us load up on arms, because it really feels like we're lacking.  We have a solid 4 with Ohtani, Lorenzen, Syndergaard, and Sandoval, but a whole lot of question marks after that.  Price would be a high floor arm, and he really hasn't been that bad over the past few years.  3.62 FIP in 22 starts in 2019, opted out of 2020, and was a decent swingman last season.  I doubt he'd be expensive to acquire and he's the type of piece I think the team will need down the stretch

in another thread you asked why Barria is necessary if we have Rosenberg.  You could exchange Price for either of those names and the question would be the same.  The cardboard gum in the pack of baseball cards 

8 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Say we take Price, which isn't going to happen, BTW.  We could acquire a couple of useful minor league pieces, which would be the premise of the deal.  

Price could then be kept, as a starter, or flipped to another club for another marginal prospect.  Those type of moves help to assure success in future seasons. 

the dodgers aren't going to give up prospects just to be cool to david price. they're trying to let him go to a better spot, they're not going to do anything more than that.

5 hours ago, mmc said:

I doubt he'd be expensive to acquire and he's the type of piece I think the team will need down the stretch

10 hours ago, mmc said:

On one hand you say he'd be a salary dump and on the other you say he wouldn't be that expensive. 

Which is it?