• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Price

mmc

10 hours ago, Hubs said:

With Diaz last start I don’t even know why you’re considering Price. Detmers is doing fine in the 6th spot. Canning is close to being back. 

I think you look at everyone. Diaz had a very good start and I keep him rotation for now. I stay away from Castillo because of shoulder problems. Tyler Mahle has not pitched well so far but he is on bad team. He would be one I would go after. Price I do not feel Dodgers would trade him to Angels nor would Arte trade with Dodgers. Montas would be great but Oakland I feel would not trade in division. Detmers is just doing OK only 5 inn twice so far in his starts other starts 4 or less. Canning is getting close but his injury history is a concern. Suarez still an option and I think in a few months Bachman  could be.

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

On one hand you say he'd be a salary dump and on the other you say he wouldn't be that expensive. 

Which is it?

By “he wouldn’t be expensive to acquire” I mean in terms of assets going back, not his contract

13 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I think you look at everyone. Diaz had a very good start and I keep him rotation for now. I stay away from Castillo because of shoulder problems. Tyler Mahle has not pitched well so far but he is on bad team. He would be one I would go after. Price I do not feel Dodgers would trade him to Angels nor would Arte trade with Dodgers. Montas would be great but Oakland I feel would not trade in division. Detmers is just doing OK only 5 inn twice so far in his starts other starts 4 or less. Canning is getting close but his injury history is a concern. Suarez still an option and I think in a few months Bachman  could be.

Detmers just doing OK. Yeah right.

13 hours ago, totdprods said:

Diaz is already back at SLC so kinda moot about him staying in rotation for now.

They can send him down and then call him back up for the DH this Saturday.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

He was just doing ok up till tonight. Let's hope this is start of something special for Reid.

While he hasn’t gone deep into games, most of the games have been good. One was bad. The April 15th game was when Austin Warren came in and allowed two of Reid’s runners to score to finish the 4th, including the bases loaded intentional walk.

He had a 5.32 ERA this season before this start and a 4.45 FIP. 

I don’t know how to calculate FIP but his ERA is now 3.77. 

I said early on this year I think Detmers might be the Angels best non Ohtani pitcher by the years end, and honestly Lorenzen and Syndergaard have been better than I thought. Sandoval too, though I am a believer of his too. This staff is special and everyone is throwing well. 

With Canning coming back in June hopefully and Diaz doing well last time out, plus two guys doing incredible in AA… I doubt we’d be in on David Price or anyone else who isn’t young and under club control.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

While he hasn’t gone deep into games, most of the games have been good. One was bad. The April 15th game was when Austin Warren came in and allowed two of Reid’s runners to score to finish the 4th, including the bases loaded intentional walk.

He had a 5.32 ERA this season before this start and a 4.45 FIP. 

I don’t know how to calculate FIP but his ERA is now 3.77. 

Like I have said let's hope this is start of something special. To me he was doing ok but era was high and only 2 starts of 5 inn. He is still learning and tonight might push him into someone very special. I hope for now and in years ahead.

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I said early on this year I think Detmers might be the Angels best non Ohtani pitcher by the years end, and honestly Lorenzen and Syndergaard have been better than I thought. Sandoval too, though I am a believer of his too. This staff is special and everyone is throwing well. 

With Canning coming back in June hopefully and Diaz doing well last time out, plus two guys doing incredible in AA… I doubt we’d be in on David Price or anyone else who isn’t young and under club control.

Canning to me has history of injuries also do not forget about Chris Rod hopefully sometime this year.

14 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Canning to me has history of injuries also do not forget about Chris Rod hopefully sometime this year.

C Rod unfortunately will Not likely pitch and will almost certainly not start this year.