• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Guardians @ Angels (4/27/22): Ohtani on the mound

2 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Yeah I mean pretty much if you throw Trout a strike right now you basically have to figure he's gonna mash it.

You can just see it in his eyes.

That first double he hit was about as hard as you can hit a baseball. It just about took down the outfield fence it was coming in so hot. This is vintage Mike Trout right now, and it’s so amazing to see after the long layoff with Covid, and the calf injury. 

10 minutes ago, TroutField said:

That first double he hit was about as hard as you can hit a baseball. It just about took down the outfield fence it was coming in so hot. This is vintage Mike Trout right now, and it’s so amazing to see after the long layoff with Covid, and the calf injury. 

I agree.  Trout is so awesome in this mode- as good a hitter as ever lived and we get to watch him.  Oh, and Ohtani.  It was disappointing he wasn’t that sharp, I wanted to see more of those sliders but he did go 5 innings with 2 runs and get three hits.

Another good hitting night and team win. Obviously a ton of games left, but I love overall how we are performing this season. My prediction for us before the season started was getting one of the wild card spots. But when looking at our team versus others in the ALW, see no reason we can't win the division.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Quick correction, should be 60 XBH's that is tied for the lead in MLB with the Phillies & 160 hits to lead the American League. The #Angels are atop nearly every offensive category in the entire league or AL. Absolute FIRE.

8 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I missed the game to watch The Batman with my daughters. How'd Ohtani look after the first? Not many Ks.

He looked like you had talked him up in the first inning.. 😁   He started to pull out of it after that but he just didn't look crisp. 

I think there may have been some carryover from his previous start, because while the velocity was decent, most of his stuff looked pretty flat.

Hope you and the girls enjoyed The Batman, haven't seen it yet but have heard mostly mixed reviews.

8 hours ago, Revad said:

From TV (Gubi) Ohtani looked imperfect, didn’t have feel for his off speed pitches but got his fastball going and made it through 5 without his best stuff.

For the first 1 2/3 innings, his pitch count was really high.   Stassi went to the mound (probably just a little breather and reminding him to trust his stuff).  

After that, he started getting the feel for the tight slider and splitter again, and along with the seamer working really well at 96-98, it was on.

Surprised that he was taken out after 86 pitches, since he was sailing along in the 4th and 5th.

But it does conserve his arm, and allowed Ortega to continue to impress.

Edited by Angel Oracle

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Since that intentional walk to Seager, the Angels have scored 5.6 runs per game and allowed 3.33 runs per game, and are 9-3.

They were pretty much the other way around before. 3-4, allowing 5.28 runs per game and scoring 3.9 per game.

Studying Matt Damon GIF by MIRAMAX

And this the narrative remains alive. Manager makes awful decision, purposely putting him team in a bigger defect.  Team bails him out.  Manager decides to tell us that that was what he was trying to do.  Team plays well for 12 games.  Manager must be a genius.  

Here’s one, team is 4-1 since he asked his team to squeeze in a run when down 2 runs, they lost that game, but have lost since. Genius. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And this the narrative remains alive. Manager makes awful decision, purposely putting him team in a bigger defect.  Team bails him out.  Manager decides to tell us that that was what he was trying to do.  Team plays well for 12 games.  Manager must be a genius.  

Here’s one, team is 4-1 since he asked his team to squeeze in a run when down 2 runs, they lost that game, but have lost since. Genius. 

I'm about 99.844452% positive that post wasn't serious.

Ohtani’s 3 hard hit singles were very encouraging.   He wasn’t bailing out as much as he was in the slump.   Focus on hitting the ball where it’s pitched and the power will return.

Rendon’s hitting is fun to watch again. That combined with his defense is huge.

Great first three games all around, quickly put the O’s series struggles behind them.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He looked like you had talked him up in the first inning.. 😁   He started to pull out of it after that but he just didn't look crisp. 

I think there may have been some carryover from his previous start, because while the velocity was decent, most of his stuff looked pretty flat.

Hope you and the girls enjoyed The Batman, haven't seen it yet but have heard mostly mixed reviews.

Thanks. 

Re: The Batman. It was pretty good, and better than I thought...I was worried it would be "Wokeman" or overly emo with Pattinson. But he was pretty good, and it had a nice noirish style, with hints at old school 70s-style car chases and angles. 

I still have a soft spot for the Keaton-Nicholson Batman, and of course the Nolan trilogy was really good. But it isn't far behind those, and way better than the later 90s Batman films.

12 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Thanks. 

Re: The Batman. It was pretty good, and better than I thought...I was worried it would be "Wokeman" or overly emo with Pattinson. But he was pretty good, and it had a nice noirish style, with hints at old school 70s-style car chases and angles. 

I still have a soft spot for the Keaton-Nicholson Batman, and of course the Nolan trilogy was really good. But it isn't far behind those, and way better than the later 90s Batman films.

Concur on The Batman, kept me riveted the whole movie.