• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon still waiting for full return of lower body strength

11 hours ago, TroutField said:

No doubt he was great over 190 at bats during the COVID influenced season. Since then it has been a train wreck 

I like how you almost dismiss how good he was in 2020 (60 game season) but judge him for the 58 games he played hurt last year when he had a 90 OPS+.  This year he has a 112 OPS+ which will probably continue to rise as he gets more strength back.  

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

I like how you almost dismiss how good he was in 2020 (60 game season) but judge him for the 58 games he played hurt last year when he had a 90 OPS+.  This year he has a 112 OPS+ which will probably continue to rise as he gets more strength back.  

Angels fans are dense.   

Rendon for his Angels career has managed a 120 OPS+.  It was 125 as a National.   The funniest part, the entirety of his career as an Angel amounts to 123 games and yet, people talk about it being three years..  Because 16 games into his third season counts as a full season.

Seriously... dense.

13 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Angels fans are dense.   

Rendon for his Angels career has managed a 120 OP+.  It was 125 as a National.   The funniest part, the entirety of his career as an Angel amounts to 123 games and yet, people talk about it being three years..  Because 16 games into his third season counts as a full season.

Seriously... dense.

Part of it is being burned by Pujols’ contract.   If they had never signed Pujols, how would Rendon’s contract be viewed?

Maybe different from the “here we go again” reaction?

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Part of it is being burned by Pujols’ contract.   If they had never signed Pujols, how would Rendon’s contract be viewed?

Yep, it's just like every minor leaguer that doesn't come up and become Trout is instantly lumped in with Brandon Wood.

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The only reason it’s “part of it” is because fans want to be miserable. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The only reason it’s “part of it” is because fans want to be miserable. 

This seems true more than ever. Why is that? Sometimes I wonder why people even follow the Angels because they don’t seem to be happy when they win and they are really super angry when they lose. 

Edit: I know this is mostly because my judgment of what people feel is what they write here and on Twitter, and people generally don’t comment on things they agree with or that make them happy. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

21 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

This seems true more than ever. Why is that? Sometimes I wonder why people even follow the Angels because they don’t seem to be happy when they win and they are really super angry when they lose. 

Edit: I know this is mostly because my judgment of what people feel is what they write here and on Twitter, and people generally don’t comment on things they agree with or that make them happy. 

Here’s my issue, and it’s a legit one.

Only team in MLB to be under .500 the past six seasons.   For a lot of fans, it’s going to take stopping that streak to finally feel some relief.

We don’t like being lumped with the Pirates, Orioles, Tigers, etc.

And it’s magnified here with the larger payroll not benefiting the team.

So, when will things finally change?   That’s what a lot of folks are waiting for.

Seems that MANY poor decisions, both with acquisitions, drafted players, and int’l signings have occurred, more so than more orgs?

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I hope you’re right.
I think a couple stupid losses to the o’s coupled with a few bad defensive plays, I was speaking out of frustration. he isn’t as bad as he’s made out to be, and I hope he is actually still waiting to get back to 100%. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not just Pujols, but just about every contract we've bought the past decade. 

GMJHGH, Wells, Pujols, Hackilton, Upton…not to mention the many 1 year deals that flopped

Arte Moreno and his “GMs” have just about struck out on MLB FA acquisitions.

Yep, can ANYONE be blamed for being very leery of the $190 million remaining for Rendon?

Edited by Angel Oracle

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

GMJHGH, Wells, Pujols, Hackilton, Upton…not to mention the many 1 year deals that flopped

Arte Moreno and his “GMs” have just about struck out on MLB FA acquisitions.

Yep, can ANYONE be blamed for being very leery of the $190 million remaining for Rendon?

That's because free agents deals are mostly bad. For all teams. Essentially, the way you sign a free agent is by being the team to offer the worst contract.

The vast majority of players the Angels didn't sign (who many fans also wanted them to sign) have also gone bad. Keuchel, Corbin, Strasburg, that catcher whose name I'm forgetting.

Just now, Jeff Fletcher said:

That's because free agents deals are mostly bad. For all teams. Essentially, the way you sign a free agent is by being the team to offer the worst contract.

The vast majority of players the Angels didn't sign (who many fans also wanted them to sign) have also gone bad. Keuchel, Corbin, Strasburg, that catcher whose name I'm forgetting.

McCann?

Agree that it’s much better to focus on re-signing your own in house FAs.

You know so much more about their habits, conditioning, health issues, etc.

Rendon needs to be the last outside of org big money FA to sign for quite a while.

Focus on re-signing Ohtani and if continuing to look good and healthy Thor.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Here’s my issue, and it’s a legit one.

Only team in MLB to be under .500 the past six seasons.   For a lot of fans, it’s going to take stopping that streak to finally feel some relief.

We don’t like being lumped with the Pirates, Orioles, Tigers, etc.

And it’s magnified here with the larger payroll not benefiting the team.

So, when will things finally change?   That’s what a lot of folks are waiting for.

Seems that MANY poor decisions, both with acquisitions, drafted players, and int’l signings have occurred, more so than more orgs?

What happened last year or any previous year has no bearing on this year except to fans.  Each season is independent of themselves.  If you don’t want to be lumped in with those teams then don’t do it yourself.  The issue with being the guy that focuses on the past poor performance is you can’t enjoy the present, because you as a fan were wronged last year.  As far as when it will change, that change has happened, it just takes more than 16 games to prove that.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Agree that it’s much better to focus on re-signing your own in house FAs.

You know so much more about their habits, conditioning, health issues, etc.

Rendon needs to be the last outside of org big money FA to sign for quite a while.

Focus on re-signing Ohtani and if continuing to look good and healthy Thor.

He won’t be and you are setting yourself up for another wonderful rant.