• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What was your worst job ever?

Pumping Gas at a Union 76 gas station in La Mirada. When we weren't pumping gas ... we were cleaning the pumps and keeping the driveways sweep down. When you visited our gas station ...

I pumped your gas

Checked the air pressure in your tires

Checked your oil level

Checked your air cleaner

Cleaned ALL your windows

Took your money

While you sat in the comfort of you car.

Gas was 25-35 cents per gallon. Five dollars would fill your tank with change coming back to you. My kids don't believe me.

The funny thing was that I remember buying a clock radio for $60 bucks with my first paycheck. I think I could get a better one now for less money. Go figure .. .

I worked for a company that made industrial production benches. One of the tasks was putting formica on particle board for countertops. These tops ranged from a basic desktop to being 10 feet long. Originaly it was a three man crew. One of the guys quit because he said it was too difficult. So the two of us did all of the laminating.

Then the 2nd guy quit and I was stuck trying to move these heavy ass tabletops without any help for a week. They finaly hired a second guy and the first day on the job he walked out of the building for lunch and never came back. I stayed at that job for five more weeks and the shifts were from 6:30AM to 5:30PM. I couldn't do anything more than shower and pass out every evening.

No air conditioning and the heat of August finally convinced me that returning to college was the right thing to do.

I worked for a Sandwich shop for 2.5 hours when I was 16. Could I get wheat bread oh wait no white bread no give me the cheesy bread..

After 1 lunch rush I looked at the owner and said "This job blows I gotta go"..So, I walked out Told him he could keep my check!

Nice.

I worked at a sandwich place in a mall in high school. My favorite moment was I was working alone up front and had this older guy comes up. I ring him up, drop his fries, get his drink, and cook his food. Our place was a regular mall food court gig that was open up front like any sandwich or food joint. I give him his food and fries and the guy starts complaining and says the fries aren't cooked enough. Having done this for a while I knew good and bad fries even though he persisted they weren't cooked, but didn't argue. So I take his fries and instead of making him new ones just dump his cup of them in the fryer for about four seconds and hand them back to him with that sarcastic dickhead grin of, "Enjoy your food." I'll never forget the look on the guys face as he watched everything unfold in front of his eyes, talk about appalled. He started muttering and was speechless then just asks for my manager who comes out, does the ass kissing, gets him new fries, and after the guy leaves tells me we need to talk in the back. I follow him and as soon as we get in the back he starts busting up saying he can't believe I did that. I told him the fries were perfect and I thought the guy was an asshole for wanting me to dump out perfectly good fries, wasting them, for some new ones, to which he kind of gives me a customer is always right kind of spiel but was kind of a hero for a few days to everyone. 

I worked as a basketball ref one day for a junior basketball league. Sucked, parents complained and coaches sucked even more. They expect professional refs for kids that are 7 years old. I quit once the day was over.

I have been lucky enough that I have never really had bad jobs. Working at Sport Chalet for nearly two years, that might have been the worst.

I umpired once and it was a terrible experience.  First game ever and I was thrown behind the plate.  I was 13 years old umpiring 8 year olds.  The coaches were all over me.

Ah yeah, that reminds me.

When I quit at Foot Action, I had already given three weeks notice because I had gotten the job I have now.  About 1.5 weeks into it my assistant manager quit because he got a better job, he just walked out at lunch, I was already really pissed at my boss (District Manager) because he wasn't giving me a day off I requested even though we had coverage (Had friends coming from out of town throwing me a party for the impending birth of my Daughter).  So when my assistant quit, I called my boss, he came down to the store because we were busy for back to school and he was nearby.  When he came into the store I handed him my keys and walked out.  Said something along the lines of "If you weren't such a dick about giving me that day off I requested I would have stayed out until the end of my notice but since you were, I am done."  He looked so offended and I felt so satisfied.  I enjoyed a week off between jobs.

Toss up between the time I sold tickets door to door for the women's Olympic volleyball team exhibition game (before the '76 Olympics) and managing a boiler room of telemarketers for a photography studio.

I did sell 2 tickets to the volleyball game, but only because the lady at the door took pity on me.  I quit after the first day and never got paid.

The boiler room experience lasted about a month.  I really hated this job because we really were preying on a lower middle income class neighborhood selling them a package of 1 plastic 35mm camera, one 8.5 by 11 inch photo and some cheap coupon for $19.95.  When a package was sold, we would page (late 80's) a driver we had in the neighborhood who would immediately go to the house and pick up the money so this prevented someone from thinking too long about the sale (buyers remorse).  When they would come in to take the photo, they would be hard sold into buying a larger photo package costing somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 to $400.  I really needed the money, but I couldn't sleep at night knowing we were taking advantage of people.

Nice.

I worked at a sandwich place in a mall in high school. My favorite moment was I was working alone up front and had this older guy comes up. I ring him up, drop his fries, get his drink, and cook his food. Our place was a regular mall food court gig that was open up front like any sandwich or food joint. I give him his food and fries and the guy starts complaining and says the fries aren't cooked enough. Having done this for a while I knew good and bad fries even though he persisted they weren't cooked, but didn't argue. So I take his fries and instead of making him new ones just dump his cup of them in the fryer for about four seconds and hand them back to him with that sarcastic dickhead grin of, "Enjoy your food." I'll never forget the look on the guys face as he watched everything unfold in front of his eyes, talk about appalled. He started muttering and was speechless then just asks for my manager who comes out, does the ass kissing, gets him new fries, and after the guy leaves tells me we need to talk in the back. I follow him and as soon as we get in the back he starts busting up saying he can't believe I did that. I told him the fries were perfect and I thought the guy was an asshole for wanting me to dump out perfectly good fries, wasting them, for some new ones, to which he kind of gives me a customer is always right kind of spiel but was kind of a hero for a few days to everyone. 

You're lucky you had a cool boss. Reminds me of Fast Times At Ridgemont High when Brad gets fired for telling the customer he's going to kick 100% percent of his ass.

Worst job ever was when a temp agency sent me to a local campaign office which gave me an address book and told me to 'hang' campaign material onto the door knobs of the homes in this address book.  Many people were still home, so you can imagine how these people felt seeing a stranger going through their neighborhood and fiddling with door knobs in the morning hours when most people are at work.  After one too many people opened their door to ask me what I was doing, I drove to the nearest dumpster and threw everything that office gave me into the trash and never went back.  I think I lasted about 3 hours before ending it.  I was only 19 yrs old and still living at home, so I said fk it.

My worst job was working briefly for a Mortgage Pool Underwriting Company. You know those guys that caused the financial collapse of 2008? Yeah, that company was a major factor.

There was only one other person in that entire company that wasn't a complete scumbag, and he was in IT.

There was so much money dissappearing down various black holes in that place it had me baffled.

My job was to take calls from underwriters at all hours day or night to make sure they were happy. One night at 3 AM I got a phonecall because an underwriter didn't have a mint on her pillow when she got back from the bar. I told her there was nothing I could do about it at that time (I had to be in the office in 3 hours anyway) and I would take care of it then.

When I got into the office I then got bitched out about it.

And that was a good day.

The worst day on the job was putting together a database of all of our mortgage underwriters and ticking them off, one by one as they called to "check in" on where they were and that they were safe. That day was September 11, 2001, and not all of them checked in.

My worst job was working briefly for a Mortgage Pool Underwriting Company. You know those guys that caused the financial collapse of 2008? Yeah, that company was a major factor.

There was only one other person in that entire company that wasn't a complete scumbag, and he was in IT.

There was so much money dissappearing down various black holes in that place it had me baffled.

My job was to take calls from underwriters at all hours day or night to make sure they were happy. One night at 3 AM I got a phonecall because an underwriter didn't have a mint on her pillow when she got back from the bar. I told her there was nothing I could do about it at that time (I had to be in the office in 3 hours anyway) and I would take care of it then.

And that was a good day.

The worst day on the job was putting together a database of all of our mortgage underwriters and ticking them off, one by one as they called to "check in" on where they were and that they were safe. That day was September 11, 2001, and not all of them checked in.

Most mortgage underwriters are complete douchebags. They exist solely to make life hell for borrowers, loan officers and processors. 

Hilarious!

I had many horrible jobs, but they were good to appreciate some of the crap people have to do for work these days...

Naugles (pre- Del Taco) drive through 

phone solicitation

phonebook delivering

video store clerk

beach maintenance (in Huntington Beach, it was the overnight shift either clearing the beach wall by hand, driving beach rakes, or hauling restroom trash with golf carts.  Every once in a while we were rewarded with some found beers, or a late-night couples show in the sand).

security guard (the kind that had to walk around the building with the key-clock, so they know you made your rounds).

Firemans BBQ at Knotts (a fun job; just always very busy).

pizza delivery (with my crappy old car that broke-down mid-shift several times)

I worked at this call center once and a customer was irate because he wasn't going to get his package on time. He was yelling at everybody, so everybody kept passing him around. By the time it got to me he said: "Young man, this situation has been fumbled, you need to scoop it up and run toward the end zone. Can you do it?"      Hated that job. 

I worked at this call center once and a customer was irate because he wasn't going to get his package on time. He was yelling at everybody, so everybody kept passing him around. By the time it got to me he said: "Young man, this situation has been fumbled, you need to scoop it up and run toward the end zone. Can you do it?"      Hated that job. 

So that was you?

Sorry for being so upset that day. Hope you're better now.

You're lucky you had a cool boss. Reminds me of Fast Times At Ridgemont High when Brad gets fired for telling the customer he's going to kick 100% percent of his ass.

He was a cool dude. Probably early/mid 20's Mexican dude and we used to smoke weed and he would get me beers. I had the companies bottom line in mind when I did what I did (probably how I ended up like I did business wise) so it was more of a funny thing. He just said, "Don't worry man, just make them happy and get them new fries next time."

And that was a good day.

Countrywide or Argent?

Another mortgage based poker player on here, nice. (granted, I think we used to talk shop on the old board years ago)