• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Wade

Torridd

7 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I'm a bit surprised that I don't see a calling for him to leadoff. He's getting on base and has speed. What does everyone think?

I just did in another thread. Right now his on base percentage isn't great at .385 as he isn't taking many walks but I think that could change with a different approach as a lead off. I think it is worth seeing what he can do there  

I kind of get and like the idea of making the opposing pitcher have to face Ohtani, Trout, and Rendon/Walsh in the first inning. But I'm also not sure it'll stick, but it does make the lineup really unbalanced. 

This could be a bit of a result of Marsh, Adell, and Ward being unproven and Fletcher sort of MIA. I think they want to maximize the opportunity for our big 4 hitters and that's why they're front-loading it so much, but if we see some of the other guys start to emerge (or Rendon struggle) we will probably see the order start to balance out some. 

And it really only affects the first inning if he's hitting 9th, otherwise Wade still has same opportunity to wind up on base ahead of the top of the lineup.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just did in another thread. Right now his on base percentage isn't great at .385 as he isn't taking many walks but I think that could change with a different approach as a lead off. I think it is worth seeing what he can do there  

Either you meant to say it is great or you don’t know what a great OBP is

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Either you meant to say it is great or you don’t know what a great OBP is

I think he meant that in relation to his average. Once the BABIP drops, so will the OBP. 1 BB on the year so far... Small sample size though. Probably better to come back to this in a month or so.

Personally, I would put Marsh in the leadoff spot. Marsh has both the speed and OBP ability to be the ideal leadoff guy, with some power. Put Othani 3rd, 40 hr guy in the leadoff spot??? wtf..put him 3rd, behind trout and in front of Rendon. Keep Walsh at 5th, Ward is your 6th hild hitter, Stassi is our 7th hitter, 8th and 9th can be  Wade or our non-hitting SS. I also would not mind playing Duffy at 2nd and Wade at Ss. Anyhow, this is a much deeper lineup and more balanced. 

24 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Personally, I would put Marsh in the leadoff spot. Marsh has both the speed and OBP ability to be the ideal leadoff guy, with some power. Put Othani 3rd, 40 hr guy in the leadoff spot??? wtf..put him 3rd, behind trout and in front of Rendon. Keep Walsh at 5th, Ward is your 6th hild hitter, Stassi is our 7th hitter, 8th and 9th can be  Wade or our non-hitting SS. I also would not mind playing Duffy at 2nd and Wade at Ss. Anyhow, this is a much deeper lineup and more balanced. 

I don't hate that. I think this is our best lineup at the moment. Great L/R balance 1-6, then awesome speed 7-3, and decent to good power everywhere 1-7.

Marsh

Trout

Ohtani

Rendon

Walsh

Stassi

Adell

Duffy

Wade

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

You can't put a platoon player at leadoff.

-- Joe Maddon, probably

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

He's hitting way over his head right now and the hot streak will eventually end. But I don't see why he shouldn't be given a shot at leadoff, since he's earned it.

Ride the hot hand - can always move him down in the order when he cools off. 

Besides, we could have Rickey Henderson on this team, and our manager would bat him 9th just to "shake things up".  

41 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Ride the hot hand - can always move him down in the order when he cools off. 

Besides, we could have Rickey Henderson on this team, and our manager would bat him 9th just to "shake things up".  

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Which is why you would think Maddon would be riding the hot streak? Production is production regardless of the name on the back of the jersey. 

Just my 2 cents.

jsnpritchett disagrees because a month from now...