• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels DFA Justin Upton, reinstate Ty Buttrey

mmc

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No BS..  I love seeing them commit to the youth.  Marsh and Adell not getting everyday at bats would have been a disservice to them. 

I have always like how Upton carried himself, he was a solid dude and never bellyached, but there is no question the young dudes bring an energy and athleticism he simply couldnt match, even if he was 100% healthy.   If Shohei wasn't an Angel I'm sure he'd still be here and DHing but he is and 2 weeks of ST at 1B..  It wasn't gonna happen.

My only real concern is Marsh and Adell have both tended to break down so... they are leaving themselves a bit thin.

My guess is that we'll pick up another OF.

I agree with others who said this was likely done as a favor.  He wasn't going to be getting regular playing time and I hadn't heard about him pouting like Pujols before he got DFA'd last year but I'm sure he wants a chance to start.  Considering they're still paying him I'd rather have him as an option off the bench or when someone gets injured but I can't fault him for wanting regular playing time or for the Angels DFA'ing him.  Looking forward to seeing what Adell and Marsh do this season.

Just now, Stradling said:

This is a horrible move. Last year in the system we had Trout, Upton, Adell, Marsh, Ward, Lagares, Fowler and Eaton. Even with all of those moves we saw Wong and Rengifo gets starts in the outfield. This is fucking dumb without another move. 

Lots of chances to make a move right now, with rosters being set....28 man probably relieves a little of the squeeze on guys who could have been the odd man out with a 26 man roster....

• mmc changed the title to Angels DFA Justin Upton
3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is a horrible move. Last year in the system we had Trout, Upton, Adell, Marsh, Ward, Lagares, Fowler and Eaton. Even with all of those moves we saw Wong and Rengifo gets starts in the outfield. This is fucking dumb without another move. 

Patience, grasshopper.

Wow, surprising - at least now, rather than in, say, June.

I liked Upton's demeanor and wish him the best, but I'm also glad that the Marsh-Trout-Adell (and Ward) era has arrived. And I think it is silly to assume that trading Upton means the Angels are making a trade. They have the best player and two of the better outfield prospects of the last two years, not to mention Ward. They're going with Trout and some sort of rotation of the other three in the corners.

It also may mean they're keeping Rojas on the roster. I assume he can play the corners, if need be. 

It also may mean that Sierra makes the team. He's sort of a poor man's Lagares with the bat, but he can run and field and could be a late-inning defensive replacement and/or pinch-runner.