• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The party of small government strikes again!

What an absolute joke the GOP has become.  It appears they've learned nothing from 2008 or 2012.

"Franks made matters worse last week when he spoke out against an amendment to add an exception for rape victims, saying 'the incidence of pregnancy resulting from rape is very low.' "

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/18/bill-banning-abortions-after-20-weeks-passes-the-house

A few things...

1.  I had to check this thread to be sure I didn't start it.  Somebody owes me thread title royalties. 

2.  This is yet more grandstanding, the republicans know this won't pass Senate or the president.  Kind of like the seemingly endless votes on repealing Obamacare. 

3.  MT is only half correct.  Politicians may indeed be dumb, but voters are dumberer.  By far. 

A few things...

1.  I had to check this thread to be sure I didn't start it.  Somebody owes me thread title royalties. 

2.  This is yet more grandstanding, the republicans know this won't pass Senate or the president.  Kind of like the seemingly endless votes on repealing Obamacare. 

3.  MT is only half correct.  Politicians may indeed be dumb, but voters are dumberer.  By far. 

Of course, I"m a voter.

These are the things that the opposition party spends their time on.  This is the reason our government is screwed.  Instead of working together and trying to find common ground and get stuff done, they propose ornamental bills that will never make it into law in order to placate voters when they are up for reelection.  

"When I was in office, I fought to end abortion!"

No you didn't, asshole, you acted like a teenager rebelling against his parents.

Logically, the introduction of or act of voting for this kind of a bill when knowing that it won't become law is pretty much a terrible idea for anybody that thinks life begins at conception.

It's kind of like people who think we should ban guns, voting for smaller clips.

No new law should ever be proposed by any branch of government unless they are absolutely sure it will pass through the other branches. 

obviously i know you're being sarcastic. but this issue is so fruitless with the senate being what it is and the president being what it is. 

I feel bad for all the women who decide after 5 months that having a baby is too inconvenient for them.

Correction. I feel bad for the a-hole fathers who want to pressure their girlfriends into getting abortions after 5 months.

Honestly, man.  There are so many families out there desperate to adopt, if we spent more time educating people about adoption I think we would be in a good place.

As a parent, and I am sure all the other parents on this board can attest, there is nothing in life that compares.  There are so many people out there wanting to be parents that cannot, give them a chance instead of aborting a 20+ week old fetus.

For me it has nothing to do with religion, more of responsibility.  The more we give people the easy way out, the more they will not consider the consequences.