• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

He's back

On 3/29/2022 at 1:48 PM, True Grich said:

So Albert gets to ride off into the sunset, probably feeling pretty good about himself.  I think that's what many Angels fans hate.  After suffering through ten (mostly bad) years, Angels fans get to watch him call his shot and go out the way he wants to.  That's probably hard to swallow for most fans.  Personally, I'm just glad he's gone.  I'd rather not give him another thought, but that's hard to do sometimes because the baseball media has been gushing over his return to St. Louis. 

I am ambivalent about what he does in St. Louis. Like you, I am just glad to have him off the Angels roster (and payroll).

On 3/30/2022 at 2:50 PM, jsnpritchett said:

The Cardinals beat the Nationals 29-8 today.  Pujols made his debut. 1 for 3 with 4 men left on base.

I will need Dipoto's personal scouting report to determine whether Albert is still major league ready.

On 3/29/2022 at 4:48 PM, True Grich said:

So Albert gets to ride off into the sunset, probably feeling pretty good about himself.  I think that's what many Angels fans hate.  After suffering through ten (mostly bad) years, Angels fans get to watch him call his shot and go out the way he wants to.  That's probably hard to swallow for most fans.  Personally, I'm just glad he's gone.  I'd rather not give him another thought, but that's hard to do sometimes because the baseball media has been gushing over his return to St. Louis. 

I don't care he gets to go out on his own terms so much as it chaps me a little that after a decade of being derided for having signed him now all people want to talk about is how great he was/is.

But yeah, he's STL's dude now.  It's gonna be LOL if after all this he comes back around to collect his personal services contract.  

From Jim Bowden at the Athletic, part of a bold prediction.  I predict he retires before the trade deadline rather than be released again.  Fantastic HOF career… holy shit

22. Albert Pujols’ return to St. Louis is a huge success. He somehow gets 409 plate appearances as their designated hitter and belts his 21st home run in St. Louis on Oct. 2 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving him 700 career home runs, finishing fourth all-time behind only Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth. He then retires after the Cardinals are eliminated in the first round of the wild-card playoffs, ending a fantastic Hall of Fame career.

On 4/1/2022 at 5:08 AM, Lou said:

I hope he goes 1 for whatever in 2022.

He gets a hit in his first AB to get Cards fans excited. 

Talked to a dodger friend of mine this past weekend. She’s unhappy that the dodgers let him walk away. 

I decided not to make an issue of it.