• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Ryan Tepera (2 years, $14 million), DFA Kyle Tyler (claimed by BOS)

mmc

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

A bit surprised by this move.  Not to piss on the parade, but he's pretty much the poster child for reliever volatility.  Personally, I'd have spent the money on Villar.  But having a deep pen is very nice.  Very nice indeed.  

I couldn’t have fucked this up worse than the Harvey thing.  <gulp> 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

A bit surprised by this move.  Not to piss on the parade, but he's pretty much the poster child for reliever volatility.  Personally, I'd have spent the money on Villar.  But having a deep pen is very nice.  Very nice indeed.  

Seems like he's been pretty consistent outside of 2019. 

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Tepera? Aside from a poor 2019, he’s been consistently solid, if not a bit above-average, and occasionally better than that.

Much like with Loup and Bradley, had the Angels just signed one of these guys and called it, I’d be a little more wary. But two of them? Three of them? They should be able to work out a pretty strong back-end even if one or two of them step back or get hurt.

Edited by totdprods

This is how you put together a winning team. Not necessarily big splashy moves, but smart, good players for balance, depth and situational needs. 

The bullpen will be a major component this season. Resigning Iglesias was a critical necessity. Before him now we have a nice mix of styles and skills.

Tepera should be in the prime of his career, and two years for a reliever is a safe bet. 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is the worst thing ive ever seen you post.  Very sad !!

It is very sad, but my main point is that while re-signing Ohtani isn’t necessarily the right move, we know Arte will try, and signing Trevor Story isn’t going to stop that. So if you see the Angels make that move it means they think they’ll be able to afford both.

11 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It is very sad, but my main point is that while re-signing Ohtani isn’t necessarily the right move, we know Arte will try, and signing Trevor Story isn’t going to stop that. So if you see the Angels make that move it means they think they’ll be able to afford both.

The Angels wouldn't be re-signing they would be offering an extension. I cannot see a downside in that if he ever gets to the point he can't pitch he can always be full time DH or even play the field. It is probably the safest player investment in baseball.