• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

41 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Given that my livelihood depends on me being able to clearly communicate ideas (as well as being able to edit other people's writing to make it clearer), I'm pretty confident I'm not the issue here. But feel free to keep insisting otherwise and posting intentionally misleading and "gotcha" posts.  Have fun. 

Glad you are putting food on the table for your level of communication talent.

I bet you are pretty sick of top ramen.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Glad you are putting food on the table for your level of communication talent.

I bet you are pretty sick of top ramen.

Now this guys an editor and an aspiring stand up comedian. Jesus Christ you truly are a master of everything. What’s your secret? How’d you turn that water into wine? I won’t tell anyone, it will be our little secret. 

Astros owner Jim Crane told Mark Berman of Houston’s Fox 26 on Sunday that the team has reached out to Correa’s agent, Scott Boras, and they were “in discussions.” Those talks, however, seem to be generating little progress. While talks are fluid, and can change with one phone call, some with the Astros are pessimistic about the team’s chances of bringing Correa back.
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1504648635526656028

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Now this guys an editor and an aspiring stand up comedian. Jesus Christ you truly are a master of everything. What’s your secret? How’d you turn that water into wine? I won’t tell anyone, it will be our little secret. 

For the record, I have pulled paychecks for both the jobs you mention.  Yes, I am pretty amazing.

30 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

He could tell you but then he'd have to smite you.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/03/angels-sign-cesar-valdez-to-minor-league-deal.html

The Angels have announced their signing of right-handed pitcher César Valdez to a minor league contract. The deal includes an invitation to Major League Spring Training camp.

Valdez heads to camp looking to land a job with a growingly deep Angels bullpen. This comes on the heels of back-to-back seasons in Baltimore, where he served as a force in 14 plus innings during the 2020 season. That year’s sharp 1.26 ERA came with an unsustainable zero home runs allowed however, and the right-hander’s ERA ballooned up to 5.87 in 46 innings (39 appearances) last season after serving up eight home runs. Valdez’s home run prevention abilities always figured to take a step back, particularly when he’s equipped with a fastball that averages just 85mph.

Valdez, who turns 37-years-old today, was designated for assignment by the Orioles at the end of last season and ultimately elected free agency. It makes sense that LA is taking a flier on the well-traveled Valdez, however. Despite last season’s rough bottom-line numbers, Valdez’s changeup ranked as one of the best in the game. Throwing his signature changeup 75% of the time, Valdez was a pro at getting opposing batters to swing at pitches outside of the zone, ranking in the 99th percentile of the league. Further, an uncharacteristically high .380 batting average on balls in play is likely to blame for some of the pitcher’s struggles. A 3.73 SIERA is the simplest metric to suggest that Valdez has plenty left in the tank.

The Angels are surely hoping for better batted ball luck this season, as Valdez can provide some extra innings in a bullpen that’s tasked with backing up one of the more fragile rotations in the league. Injury concerns and the delicate handling of reigning-MVP Shohei Ohtani should allow Valdez to soak up plenty of innings if he’s able to make the team’s Opening Day roster. Incredibly, Valdez has just north of two years of service time, meaning he can be controlled by the Angels for about as long as they’d like if they wind up catching lightning in a bottle with today’s pact.

2 hours ago, Fullmer17 said:

Astros owner Jim Crane told Mark Berman of Houston’s Fox 26 on Sunday that the team has reached out to Correa’s agent, Scott Boras, and they were “in discussions.” Those talks, however, seem to be generating little progress. While talks are fluid, and can change with one phone call, some with the Astros are pessimistic about the team’s chances of bringing Correa back.
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1504648635526656028

Correa is an Angel. Confirmed

9 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

As long as you don't ask questions requiring actual knowledge, he is pretty amazing. I always enjoy good fiction. 

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Castellanos does end up with Philly, causing them to be up against the CBT, it is one less likely destination for Story and Correa.

It feels like its down to 4 teams for the two SS. Angels, Astros, Twins, or Cardinals. 

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Have we made the corresponding moves for Bradley and Tepera?

Assuming no more 60-day IL moves, who do you think might get the boot? I'm thinking maybe Jose Rojas and someone like Jhonathan Diaz? Though with the signing of Duffy, I'm not sure they need Wade AND Velazquez.