• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

7 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Is he gonna play 2nd?

Yeah, I mean I guess he'd be in the OF mix, and that frees up someone for a trade, but Rendon may be able to play some 2nd and Bryant some third. He'd also likely play in the OF and at 1st. But I doubt he'd come here.

One time our relative Mario came into town and we took him to the horse races.  He was really excited and was all over the racing form.  At the end of the first race, he was all smiles because he had bet on the winning horse and was holding a winning ticket.  We all congratulated him for his skills in picking the right horse.

Then he revealed his “system.”  He said it didn’t seem all that hard.  He bet on all the horses.

This is a true story.  It is endearing because Mario was just an innocent, sweet old man.

If he was an obnoxious know-it-all he would have been a ridiculously unimpressive douche.

Jon Heyman and Mario have the same system.  One is a sweet old man and one is a ridiculously unimpressive douche.

8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

At this point I want all these things to happen just because of how hilarious all your reactions will be.

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

Welcome to my world.

Co-sign.

4 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

That would be...unexpected. Play first and Walsh is part of a pitching trade rather than, or in addition to, Jo/Marsh???

Play corner OF and Jo/Marsh part of a trade??

The Angels don’t have money to pay for pitching but they can afford Bryant? Why would you trade Walsh? It has been a long time since the Angels have had a legitimate 1B with power and average, drives in runs and plays GG caliber defense. I would take Walsh with his five years of control over Bryant any day. Bryant hasn’t been that impactful in his career. I pass.

Bryant was one of the best players in baseball for three years, behind only Trout and Donaldson in WAR in 2015-17. But he caught "Thirdbasitis" - malady of early decline that befalls a seemingly large number of third baseman (Tatis Sr, Rolen, Chavez, Zimmerman off the top of my head). He's still a very good player, but loses value and becomes a run of the mill good hitter at 1B or a corner outfield.

Fangraphs' crowd source is predicting 6/$150M. Now why would the Angels spend that kind of a dough for a 120 wRC+ corner outfielder or 1B, when they have Adell, Marsh, and Walsh in pre-arbitration? 

Plus, with the Trout and Rendon mega-contracts, and Ohtani coming up, the Angels really need to stay away from any non-pitcher $20M AAV contracts. 

1 hour ago, TroutCron said:

The Angels don’t have money to pay for pitching but they can afford Bryant? Why would you trade Walsh? It has been a long time since the Angels have had a legitimate 1B with power and average, drives in runs and plays GG caliber defense. I would take Walsh with his five years of control over Bryant any day. Bryant hasn’t been that impactful in his career. I pass.

Walsh can't hit LHP and it would be a trade for a legit SP. Legit starter + Bryant > Walsh. With that said, this rumor is almost assuredly bullshit.

1 hour ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Walsh can't hit LHP and it would be a trade for a legit SP. Legit starter + Bryant > Walsh. With that said, this rumor is almost assuredly bullshit.

Exactly what do you think teams would be willing to part with for a guy who can't hit lhp? 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Bryant was one of the best players in baseball for three years, behind only Trout and Donaldson in WAR in 2015-17. But he caught "Thirdbasitis" - malady of early decline that befalls a seemingly large number of third baseman (Tatis Sr, Rolen, Chavez, Zimmerman off the top of my head). He's still a very good player, but loses value and becomes a run of the mill good hitter at 1B or a corner outfield.

Fangraphs' crowd source is predicting 6/$150M. Now why would the Angels spend that kind of a dough for a 120 wRC+ corner outfielder or 1B, when they have Adell, Marsh, and Walsh in pre-arbitration? 

Plus, with the Trout and Rendon mega-contracts, and Ohtani coming up, the Angels really need to stay away from any non-pitcher $20M AAV contracts. 

Because Heyman tweeted it.