• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

how about arte finally realizes that it's better to pay guys for the career they're about to have, rather than the career they already had.

I’m curious, how?  That would mean don’t sign any free agents over the age of 28 and don’t sign them for more than 4 or so years. If you do sign a player to a long term deal then as the player gets older structure the contract so they make less during the years players traditionally regress. That’s challenging but doable.

Also this would include signing your own talented players and not let them leave for free agency.  Outside of Lackey what players has he let walk?  

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Because Heyman tweeted it. 

Off topic. But what if we've had it wrong this whole time. Since we only read what he says, and have never actually heard him talk. And he actually pronounces his name "hey Mon", like the Jamaican family on In Living Color.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Off topic. But what if we've had it wrong this whole time. Since we only read what he says, and have never actually heard him talk. And he actually pronounces his name "hey Mon", like the Jamaican family on In Living Color.

Then I will humbly apologize and inform him that I'd like to hang out with him. 

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It is 100 percent more likely that he's actually been a vaginal flap this whole time.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’m curious, how?  That would mean don’t sign any free agents over the age of 28 and don’t sign them for more than 4 or so years. If you do sign a player to a long term deal then as the player gets older structure the contract so they make less during the years players traditionally regress. That’s challenging but doable.

Also this would include signing your own talented players and not let them leave for free agency.  Outside of Lackey what players has he let walk?  

i understand the nature of FA, but i'm making a more textured point than you're allowing for, and i think you probably know that already.

we don't need to sign kris bryant, a player who is on the downslope of his career, to a big FA contract. so that we can trade our own cheap all star 1b/of who is on the upswing on his career and production.

and no, FA's don't have to be 28 or less, we could have signed ray or stroman to incredibly reasonable deals that didn't pay them past their productive seasons. it's not genuine to say, "maybe they didn't want to sign here.", because this has happened year after year. at this point it's really just an excuse. i know the angels didn't meet with ray and they probably didn't meet with stroman either. i can't believe it's the gm's any longer. this is an arte and carpino problem. they just don't seem able to learn from others on how to operate a successful baseball organization.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

i understand the nature of FA, but i'm making a more textured point than you're allowing for, and i think you probably know that already.

we don't need to sign kris bryant, a player who is on the downslope of his career, to a big FA contract. so that we can trade our own cheap all star 1b/of who is on the upswing on his career and production.

and no, FA's don't have to be 28 or less, we could have signed ray or stroman to incredibly reasonable deals that didn't pay them past their productive seasons. it's not genuine to say, "maybe they didn't want to sign here.", because this has happened year after year. at this point it's really just an excuse. i know the angels didn't meet with ray and they probably didn't meet with stroman either. i can't believe it's the gm's any longer. this is an arte and carpino problem. they just don't seem able to learn from others on how to operate a successful baseball organization.

Ok, I understand.  Yea, and I agree, not every free agent has a preferred location.  Some do, I am pretty sure Wheeler and Corbin had preferred geographical destinations.  Someone like Cole, while I believe he wanted to play for the Yankees, he would have had to make a tough decision of playing for the Yankees or playing close to home if our offer was the same as the Yankees.  I agree with you on the Stroman or Ray contracts as well.  

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok, I understand.  Yea, and I agree, not every free agent has a preferred location.  Some do, I am pretty sure Wheeler and Corbin had preferred geographical destinations.  Someone like Cole, while I believe he wanted to play for the Yankees, he would have had to make a tough decision of playing for the Yankees or playing close to home if our offer was the same as the Yankees.  I agree with you on the Stroman or Ray contracts as well.  

for sure wheeler, corbin and bumgarner as well. but when it's literally every single front line starter, then that argument goes out the door. i'm very level headed and i don't really care nearly as much as most of you do, but at some point sample size becomes relevant, and we're talking about a MAJOR need on this team for several years and not one has chosen the angels. that would be enough of an indictment, but this year and the last we eventually heard that the angels never made an offer to and/or never met with the player at all. it's disheartening, and it keeps me from investing as a fan. other than tracking the team on this site, i don't think i even count as a fan anymore. i don't watch games, i don't attend games and i don't buy merchandise. good job, arte! you fuck face.

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Blarg said:

At this point in the Angels rebuild there is less upside to signing another high priced free agent that can't provide 200 innings of work from the mound. 

Unless he's a SS.

At 3rd, with some minor league depth there, I don't really see the fit, seeing as Rendon is there for the foreseeable future. I don't know that Rendon could move to 2nd now.

At 1st, Walsh and Ward can handle all of the AB's,