• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Eric Kay found guilty of causing Tyler Skaggs’ death (sentenced to 22 years in prison)

AngelsWin.com

I’m not sure what bearing his jail call comments about the Texas jury or the Skaggs family have to do with his sentencing.    To be honest I’ve seen some pretty not nice things said about the Skaggs family on this very forum.  Anyway, all of that is completely immaterial to what his sentence should be.  

this new stuff about him being in the room tho.  That reads pretty bad.  That’s all new to me. Barely knowing anything else I’m not going to say much about that.  Anyway.  Not my problem.  That’s that for this Kay character.  Bye bye sweetheart.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not sure what bearing his jail call comments about the Texas jury or the Skaggs family have to do with his sentencing.    To be honest I’ve seen some pretty not nice things said about the Skaggs family on this very forum.  Anyway, all of that is completely immaterial to what his sentence should be.  

this new stuff about him being in the room tho.  That reads pretty bad.  That’s all new to me. 

Same. Didn't realize that until I read that on here today.

Reminded of the Breaking Bad scene where Ritter chokes and he just watches it happen.  Maybe it didn't go down that way.  Who knows.  

And why can't his character impact his sentencing?  22 years instead of 20 seems arbitrary though.  If the whole point of prison is rehabilitation then I'm not sure what two extra years does.  So to me it was straight up punitive.  Like the judge tacked on a little extra because the guy is a raging low life ahole.  

48 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Reminded of the Breaking Bad scene where Ritter chokes and he just watches it happen.  Maybe it didn't go down that way.  Who knows.  

And why can't his character impact his sentencing?  22 years instead of 20 seems arbitrary though.  If the whole point of prison is rehabilitation then I'm not sure what two extra years does.  So to me it was straight up punitive.  Like the judge tacked on a little extra because the guy is a raging low life ahole.  

Being of bad character isn't a crime. 

7 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Of all the sh!tstorms that happened under Artie's reign, this is the worst.

Not sure what Arte has to do with this episode.  It’s pretty unrealistic to think you can own a company with hundreds of employees traveling all over the country, staying in hotels, and somehow magically prevent people with lots of money who want to do drugs from doing drugs.

Fentanyl played a role in Skaggs death.

Fentanyl is now pretty much everywhere.  Families are being devastated by this poison fentanyl, many times in cases where somebody smoked some pot at a party and had no idea there was fentanyl in the pot.

It’s out there.  It’s everywhere.

10 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Fentanyl played a role in Skaggs death.

Fentanyl is now pretty much everywhere.  Families are being devastated by this poison fentanyl, many times in cases where somebody smoked some pot at a party and had no idea there was fentanyl in the pot.

It’s out there.  It’s everywhere.

And it's only getting worse. That and the new meth (new, it's been around for about 10 years now) are basically cheap as hell to produce now. They've replaced all the other drugs. And the street price on it is pennies almost.

It's only going to get worse....

6 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

in this case it's kinda silly because what is 22 years gonna do to 'rehabilitate' him that 20 wouldn't.  

It should be like a 2-4 year prison sentence crime.  He got drugs for someone that wanted them.  The drugs were bad.  That’s it. (He wasn’t charged for not saving him or watching him die if that’s even the truth).  He got a dude that wanted drugs drugs.

He’s going to spend more time in prison than some people who actually murder.

And since we’re huge on looking at “power imbalances” in crimes these days, how about that he’s a fat, nerd Angels civilian and Skaggs was a fit, rich, MLB athlete who was way higher on organizational totem pole?  

If Kay was a woman the story would be all about Skaggs abusing his power and that Erica Kay was a victim.