• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Eric Kay found guilty of causing Tyler Skaggs’ death (sentenced to 22 years in prison)

AngelsWin.com

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Lmao. Skaggs was an innocent victim in your clown world. The dude liked to party and he took drugs which killed him. That’s really all there is to it. If he was just some normal dude off the street nobody would give a flying fuck who his drug dealer was. 

I never said Skaggs was innocent at all. He died, that pretty much was the ultimate penalty for drug abuse. He basically fucked over himself, his family and the organization by entering the world of addiction. It's sad for all involved but Kay was the provider of tainted oxy. He is culpable for his actions that lead to a death. 

Just now, Blarg said:

I never said Skaggs was innocent at all. He died, that pretty much was the ultimate penalty for drug abuse. He basically fucked over himself, his family and the organization by entering the world of addiction. It's sad for all involved but Kay was the provider of tainted oxy. He is culpable for his actions that lead to a death. 

I think we both agree that Kay should be punished. I just think we disagree on the degree in which he should be punished.

24 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I think we both agree that Kay should be punished. I just think we disagree on the degree in which he should be punished.

That is probably right. Texas has their laws about how much time for what crime. It isn't going to coincide with California. I look at as irreversible damage. There is nothing Kay can do that can right this so revoking his freedom for a substantial time is reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That is probably right. Texas has their laws about how much time for what crime. It isn't going to coincide with California. I look at as irreversible damage. There is nothing Kay can do that can right this so revoking his freedom for a substantial time is reasonable. 

It's Federal time not Texas time though. He won't be out early. It's 20 years hard minimum.

• mmc changed the title to OC Register: Eric Kay found guilty of causing Tyler Skaggs’ death (sentenced to 22 years in prison)
3 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m fine with dealers being held accountable but Skaggs was an adult that was able to make his own choices. Saying Kay was responsible for his death is asinine 

Honestly, I'm sure this will be unpopular because it's rather extreme, but I'm of the opinion if like alcohol all drugs were legal we wouldn't have drug wars, we wouldn't have people in jail for non-violent crimes, we would be able to regulate their distribution so they were safe (safer, I suppose is the best way to put it).

It's like alcohol, if people want to do drugs and ruin their lives, let them. People who don't do drugs will stay away. And yes, Skaggs was an adult who decided to put a foreign substance in his body, so his death is his responsibility.

But I can't help but feel like Kay is the scapegoat in this situation because his family and the Angels needed someone to point the finger at. Based on the law he should be punished in some way, but 10, 20+ years is ridiculous.

*edit* Just saw the comments Kay made in jail and, welp. Those will never help you in court. Unfortunate to see not just 1 but 2 lives destroyed because of drugs.

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Honestly, I'm sure this will be unpopular because it's rather extreme, but I'm of the opinion if like alcohol all drugs were legal we wouldn't have drug wars, we wouldn't have people in jail for non-violent crimes, we would be able to regulate their distribution so they were safe (safer, I suppose is the best way to put it).

It's definitely unpopular but not for the way you likely think it is. I'm not getting political here but I'll just say I think you have the right idea.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's definitely unpopular but not for the way you likely think it is. I'm not getting political here but I'll just say I think you have the right idea.

I definitely agree to an extent with the fact that people should be allowed to make the choice to do what it is that they want to do. Except for the fact that most people are morons and unlike many things in this world...decisions like that don't only effect the person consuming the drug. Its definitely a double edged sword.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'll add here that Skaggs likely funded Kay's own habits as part of their deal.

As bad as Kay looks in all this, if it worked out vice versa (which was a lot closer than it seems), and say they both OD'd, who would the bad guy be?

And if Kay's family sued the Skaggs family, etc etc 

exactly. they're all part of a cycle of abuse and addiction. to isolate any single small cog and say this is the reason, is my exact mental image of scapegoating. kay is nobody. he's an addict, just like skaggs. they're both victims of their own addiction. every single death from addiction is just a revolving wheel of lives ruined beyond the death of whomever it may have been that day. "you" want to put him in jail for 20+ years? go ahead. you've accomplished nothing. we're not even looking at the problem, we're doing palliative care for families. it's all just lives ruined and lives lost.