• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 Midterms

mmc

What will the makeup of Congress be after the 2022 election?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will the makeup of Congress be after the 2022 election?

• D House and Senate
    • R House and Senate
    • D House, R Senate
    • R House, D Senate

It's not dumb to say the US cannot trade with other countries when their economic might is tied to a precious metal that they have very little of. If you switch to the Gold Standard the US is instantly bankrupt even in 1971 dollars. We would have a dollar valuation less than Zimbabwe. 

So that is how dumb you are, latching on to an economic indicator that is no longer relevant in international monetary systems. There is no country that is using the Gold Standard. None. And only dolts seem to think they can turn the world back around to a time before electronic calculators and everything will be ok.

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's not dumb to say the US cannot trade with other countries when their economic might is tied to a precious metal that they have very little of. If you switch to the Gold Standard the US is instantly bankrupt even in 1971 dollars. We would have a dollar valuation less than Zimbabwe. 

So that is how dumb you are, latching on to an economic indicator that is no longer relevant in international monetary systems. There is no country that is using the Gold Standard. None. And only dolts seem to think they can turn the world back around to a time before electronic calculators and everything will be ok.

Newsflash: this country is going bankrupt anyway. Right now everyone in the world is fleeing to the dollar for stability but once the Fed pulls the rug out the system collapses. This economic implosion will be talked about for centuries.

Having a dollar pegged to nothing is what caused the spending spree. Politicians can't help themselves from spending our money if there is no limit. It's the only thing they know how to do.

IMO the Democratic strategy was not broad enough to pull in voters. I had the opportunity to see political ads for three states over the past 3-4 weeks, and there are marked similarities on both sides. The Democrats focused far too much on the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and not enough on other differences (most people are not single issue voters). I also saw little effort to refute clearly exaggerated or outright false claims by GOP candidates. The overall strategy is a loser. IMO this will be borne out on Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

IMO the Democratic strategy was not broad enough to pull in voters. I had the opportunity to see political ads for three states over the past 3-4 weeks, and there are marked similarities on both sides. The Democrats focused far too much on the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and not enough on other differences (most people are not single issue voters). I also saw little effort to refute clearly exaggerated or outright false claims by GOP candidates. The overall strategy is a loser. IMO this will be borne out on Tuesday.

Both parties should have focused on crime and inflation since that is what’s most important to almost everyone. The problem for the Dems is their policies are a major cause for the rise in crime so they would have to stand against those and obviously they didn’t want to. 

37 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I find it interesting in the political ads I've seen for candidates none have listed their party in the ads. 

Now that you mention it, I don't recall party being mentioned either. I have seen some efforts by opponents to tie candidates to either Trump or Biden, but no explicit mention of parties by the candidates themselves. The closest that I have seen is Republicans referring to themselves as a "real conservative" - whatever that means.