• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 Midterms

mmc

What will the makeup of Congress be after the 2022 election?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will the makeup of Congress be after the 2022 election?

• D House and Senate
    • R House and Senate
    • D House, R Senate
    • R House, D Senate

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Georgia Voters Set All-Time Midterm Early Turnout Record

https://sos.ga.gov/news/georgia-voters-set-all-time-midterm-early-turnout-record

“Georgia voters came out in near Presidential-level numbers,” said Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. “County election directors handled that demand with the utmost professionalism. They navigated a whole host of challenges and executed seamlessly. They deserve our highest praise.”

-----

So much for voter suppression.

Lol that MLB bought into the BS and moved the AS Game from Atlanta

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Georgia Voters Set All-Time Midterm Early Turnout Record

https://sos.ga.gov/news/georgia-voters-set-all-time-midterm-early-turnout-record

“Georgia voters came out in near Presidential-level numbers,” said Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger. “County election directors handled that demand with the utmost professionalism. They navigated a whole host of challenges and executed seamlessly. They deserve our highest praise.”

-----

So much for voter suppression.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lol that MLB bought into the BS and moved the AS Game from Atlanta

You do realize that both things can be true, right?  SB 202 unquestionably made it more challenging for certain people to vote.  It's also true that due to the enormous national and in-state attention focused on multiple battles within GA, certain people who might not have normally voted early or at all came out early this year.  They're not mutually exclusive.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You do realize that both things can be true, right?  SB 202 unquestionably made it more challenging for certain people to vote.  It's also true that due to the enormous national and in-state attention focused on multiple battles within GA, certain people who might not have normally voted early or at all came out early this year.  They're not mutually exclusive.

So it's voter interest and not suppression. That's what I always assumed as reasons people didn't vote. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So it's voter interest and not suppression. That's what I always assumed as reasons people didn't vote. 

Again, it's both.  It's not that hard to comprehend.  If you look at the provisions of SB 202, it makes it harder for some people to vote, regardless of how they want to do it.  There are far fewer drop boxes, the ID requirements are stricter, there are new rules for absentee/mail-in ballots, there are now limits to where you can vote & how you can file a provisional ballot, etc., etc..  And the high in-person early voting in GA thus far is due to the importance being placed on certain races there (e.g., Senator, Governor, Secretary of State, etc.) and, in all likelihood, it's partially related to the limitations placed on other methods of voting.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Again, it's both.  It's not that hard to comprehend.  If you look at the provisions of SB 202, it makes it harder for some people to vote, regardless of how they want to do it.  There are far fewer drop boxes, the ID requirements are stricter, there are new rules for absentee/mail-in ballots, there are now limits to where you can vote & how you can file a provisional ballot, etc., etc..  And the high in-person early voting in GA thus far is due to the importance being placed on certain races there (e.g., Senator, Governor, Secretary of State, etc.) and, in all likelihood, it's partially related to the limitations placed on other methods of voting.

The whole suppression thing is just a talking point. It's like the "rigged elections" coming from some on the right. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The whole suppression thing is just a talking point. It's like the "rigged elections" coming from some on the right. 

No, it really isn't.  Read up on it.  The two aren't comparable at all. 

(I'm hyper-interested in GA specifically, given that I'm from there and will likely move back there within a few years--plus a friend of mine is dating the Democrat candidate for S.o.S.  Ha...)

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

How many weeks do they have polls open in Georgia? 

A quick look at the Georgia State website showed this:

• Know When Early Voting Begins and Ends

• State law requires local elections officials to allow early in-person voting beginning on the fourth Monday prior to a primary or election, and as soon as possible prior to the runoff.
    • Early voting ends on the Friday immediately prior to Election Day.
    • Early voting takes place Monday through Friday, and the second and third Saturdays before Election Day. Some polling locations may be open on the second and third Sundays. Be sure to verify available dates and polling hours with your early voting precinct.
    • During early voting, polls are typically open from 9 AM to 5 PM on weekdays and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturdays. Exact hours may vary.
    • The Secretary of State’s website has key dates for the current election cycle. 
    • Local elections officials may allow early voting beyond regular weekday business hours, but it’s up to the county.

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That looks like a month. How is it anyone can claim voter suppression when you have 4 weeks to cast a vote? 

Just under 3 weeks (Oct 17 - Nov 5). But there are additional restrictions on ID requirements, ballot drop boxes, etc.  As I've stated multiple times and you and others continue to ignore, some of the new guidelines have made it tougher for certain people to vote (regardless of method). It is entirely possible to have made it easier for some people to vote while making it harder for others.

I still question why (primarily) Republicans seem intent on making it harder for anyone who's qualified to vote.  It's laughable that they continue to think everyone BUT their voters are cheating. 

It's only tougher for those that refuse to put even the slightest effort into the process. Getting an ID is neither difficult or something that can only be done at certain times of the year. You want to vote, get the ID. You have at least two years to do it between major election cycles. For whatever reason you want to drop off your vote, three weeks to get it to a drop box or just put it in the mail. 

These are not insurmountable obsticles. 

13 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Just under 3 weeks (Oct 17 - Nov 5). But there are additional restrictions on ID requirements, ballot drop boxes, etc.  As I've stated multiple times and you and others continue to ignore, some of the new guidelines have made it tougher for certain people to vote (regardless of method). It is entirely possible to have made it easier for some people to vote while making it harder for others.

I still question why (primarily) Republicans seem intent on making it harder for anyone who's qualified to vote.  It's laughable that they continue to think everyone BUT their voters are cheating. 

I figured securing elections was something Democrats would be all for, given how our democracy is apparently constantly in peril.

You know, when I force everyone to update their windows devices across our company, plenty of people are annoyed. Oh, it's interrupting my work, can I put this off longer and do it in a few weeks, this seems unnecessary and so on. I don't provide them evidence that their device has been compromised or hacked or what have you. We use common sense...leaky holes that are potential areas of risk are getting mitigated.

France, Norway, Northern Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Iceland and many more all require voter ID

11 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

But no.

"Black people aren't able to figure out how to get IDs or get to voting places. Man, republicans are so racist!"

There will always be something with these assholes. It’s like how these woke morons are saying math is racist or the way they are teaching kids math is racist because inner city test scores are down. Just absurd. Always something.