• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It makes sense. 14 million per year. If he's on the field a full season, he's worth 25 million a year. But he's shown continually throughout his career that 90-100 games is likely what you'll get. 

It pays him fairly for what he provides. 

Some years, he'll have it all together and get in 140 games and will be with nearly double their investment. Other years, he may only play 30 and won't be worth even half the investment. 

There's crazy incentives involved. One of the more inventive incentive-laden deals I've seen.

Remember all that talk a week or two back about WAR being proposed as a way to establish player salaries or value? 
This actually seems like something of a prototype for what that could look like. BIG dollars added for MVP/CY finishes, big dollars added for staying on field. 
Would make roster/playing time manipulation more of a thing.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

If only every offseason were this exciting.  Each offseason should have a transaction cutoff date to facilitate movement, lol.

Honestly, I think it's been floated recently about there being some sort of winter trade deadline, so next CBA could help do that. 

It's in MLB's favor to create some arbitrary deadlines to force drama, because ultimately it turns these events into advertising dollars for programming. Especially with this new weird fixation on working gambling and betting odds into viewership. Play the odds on where so-and-so signes/gets traded. The reasoning behind it is kinda gross but I do like the winter having more structure to encourage activity.

Just now, rafibomb said:

Completely okay with that. I think Semien is a lot better and maybe more big names in the AL West opens up Arte's wallet even more.

I know there was some chat about Eppler being in NYC motivating Arte to make moves...

I think if any opposing GM is gonna make Arte more competitive, it'll be Dipoto trying to add.