• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Somewhat odd update on Trout from Maddon

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have made it clear to the Angels on a couple occasions recently that it would benefit Trout and the Angels for him to say something, just because there’s so much mystery surrounding what’s going on. 

I know you guys don’t care about media access, but this is why you should care about media access. 

No media in the clubhouse means it’s a lot easier for Trout (or any player) to avoid talking to the media. 

Uh, @Jeff Fletcher, I don't know if you've noticed but we've moved on from Trout and now are discussing Taylor's new fatherhood responsibilities.  If you'd like you could start a new thread about Trout but I doubt it would get much attention.

5 hours ago, Mark PT said:

That does not sound clueless, it sounds more like Maddon does not want to divulge anything.

This

Be made almost the exact same statement about Rendon a few weeks back... literally "he may be sneaking in and doing baseball activities, but i haven't seen it personally"

Not saying that to make anyone think trout is done for the year. Its just that maddon isnt going to do a press release... thats the front office's job. But he has to talk to the media everyday

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I have made it clear to the Angels on a couple occasions recently that it would benefit Trout and the Angels for him to say something, just because there’s so much mystery surrounding what’s going on. 

I know you guys don’t care about media access, but this is why you should care about media access. 

No media in the clubhouse means it’s a lot easier for Trout (or any player) to avoid talking to the media. 

I didn't consider that there's still a lack of media access this season. I'm guessing in a "normal" year, you and other journalists could basically talk to Trout before and after any game, as long as he was willing to talk. 

So here's the real deal.

Mike Trout hasn't been the same since the Angels released Albert.  He's been depressed ever since.  He's sitting out in protest. Couple the Pujols release with the emergence of Shohei Ohtani and Trout no longer feels relevant.  He sees the Angels as Shohei's team now.  Plus he's a new dad and he wants to spend as much time with his son as possible.  Plus - the NFL season is just around the corner and he wants to spend more time going to Eagles games.  Also - he just turned 30 and he's going through an early version of a mid-life crisis.  To top it all off, all his buddies are gone... Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Calhoun... He's a mess.  He may never play baseball again.

Did I Get It Right GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by True Grich

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

I changed my son’s first shit diaper to allow the wife to rest. After that the wife had full baby care duties. Dad pays the bills, sets the rules, and teaches junior how to do manly things. Clearly defined roles is the key to raising kids right. 

Sounds like the beginning of a single parent family.  While the village takes care of your son, you can continue being the idiot. 

7 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Sounds like the beginning of a single parent family.  While the village takes care of your son, you can continue being the idiot. 

Village? My son never stayed a minute in daycare. Mom stayed at home, made dinner, and wiped his ass. Dad taught him how to play sports, cuss, and whipped his ass when needed. 

I was looking forward to the next few years as Trout reached his peak and his numbers became even more spectacular, followed by a productive five or six years as he rounded out his wonderful Hall of Fame career.

Now I wonder if we'll ever see him play baseball again. At least that's what it feels like. He just up and disappeared it seems. Jog towards the dugout, pull a muscle, and that's the end of it...

41 minutes ago, Gooch said:

I would like to elaborate on what Joe Madden was talking about. IT'S Mike Trout's ego that is really hurt not his calf. We all remember how 24 hours a day it was Mike Trout greatest baseball player ever, and then here came a healthy Shohei Ohtani, and now its been 24 hours a day Ohtani talk. Mike Trout's ego wont let him come back with the fear of being shown up by Shohei. This really worries me for the long term, and should worry the Angel's brass as well !! Mike trout needs to accept the fact that Ohtani is more valuble than himself, as soon as he comes to that realization the better off he and the Angel's will be moving forward !!!!!!!!

I think my sarcasm detector is broken because it should be obvious but I’m not certain if this is a real opinion or not. 

Could it be simply that he's tired of the game and might want to pursue his real passion, meteorology? I mean, he's already sewn up his first-ballot HOF admission. Why continue to subject himself to the daily grind of baseball? Who needs another couple hundred million dollars? He's already set for life. And it's not like the Angels look to be a playoff team any time soon.

Mike Trout, Weatherman.

16 hours ago, True Grich said:

So here's the real deal.

Mike Trout hasn't been the same since the Angels released Albert.  He's been depressed ever since.  He's sitting out in protest. Couple the Pujols release with the emergence of Shohei Ohtani and Trout no longer feels relevant.  He sees the Angels as Shohei's team now.  Plus he's a new dad and he wants to spend as much time with his son as possible.  Plus - the NFL season is just around the corner and he wants to spend more time going to Eagles games.  Also - he just turned 30 and he's going through an early version of a mid-life crisis.  To top it all off, all his buddies are gone... Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Calhoun... He's a mess.  He may never play baseball again.

Did I Get It Right GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I left the meow emoji here just round out the emojis already left.