• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Somewhat odd update on Trout from Maddon

1 hour ago, Gooch said:

I would like to elaborate on what Joe Madden was talking about. IT'S Mike Trout's ego that is really hurt not his calf. We all remember how 24 hours a day it was Mike Trout greatest baseball player ever, and then here came a healthy Shohei Ohtani, and now its been 24 hours a day Ohtani talk. Mike Trout's ego wont let him come back with the fear of being shown up by Shohei. This really worries me for the long term, and should worry the Angel's brass as well !! Mike trout needs to accept the fact that Ohtani is more valuble than himself, as soon as he comes to that realization the better off he and the Angel's will be moving forward !!!!!!!!

banning super mario GIF

If he's not finished his rehab stint by Sept 1st I'd shut him down. Especially if we're still 8+ games out of the 2nd WC.

Just forget it. Figure out what the true extent of his injury is and if the docs etc can really do anything to get him back into playing condition. If this is permanent then we're in uncharted waters. The irony is he might be perfectly healthy by next spring but there's a long strike due to labor discord.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who's a doctor (internist) about Trout. He said if it's a serious strain then 3 months is not uncommon. But he hoped that Trout is also getting a complete workup including blood tests. Other possible reasons for the unusually long recovery time can include myeloma and even bone cancer. Things should be ruled out and he hoped they were working on that. Again, neither one of us is privy to what they're doing. 

Hope we get some kind of statement soon instead of all this mystery.

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I was talking to a friend yesterday who's a doctor (internist) about Trout. He said if it's a serious strain then 3 months is not uncommon. But he hoped that Trout is also getting a complete workup including blood tests. Other possible reasons for the unusually long recovery time can include myeloma and even bone cancer. Things should be ruled out and he hoped they were working on that. Again, neither one of us is privy to what they're doing. 

Hope we get some kind of statement soon instead of all this mystery.

Bone cancer? Your use of hyperbole is well done 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Possible but rare, according to my doctor friend. Not my hyperbole.

I'm sure Trout's been thoroughly checked out by our crack medical staff. Right?

I believe his injury is a soft tissue one and those can linger and be a constant problem for athletes. I don’t think there’s anything out of the ordinary going on but yeah, it would be nice for the team to show some transparency 

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I believe his injury is a soft tissue one and those can linger and be a constant problem for athletes. I don’t think there’s anything out of the ordinary going on but yeah, it would be nice for the team to show some transparency 

Is the medical staff CERTAIN that it’s a grade 2 calf strain????

And thus, no surgery needed????

If so, grade2 calf strains don’t linger on for up to 6 months, correct?

I hope we aren’t treading into Pujols territory here?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Is the medical staff CERTAIN that it’s a grade 2 calf strain????

And thus, no surgery needed????

If so, grade2 calf strains don’t linger on for up to 6 months, correct?

I'm glad you're asking us.  Once again, we're the ones best equipped to answer.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, fan_since79 said:

I was looking forward to the next few years as Trout reached his peak and his numbers became even more spectacular, followed by a productive five or six years as he rounded out his wonderful Hall of Fame career.

Now I wonder if we'll ever see him play baseball again. At least that's what it feels like. He just up and disappeared it seems. Jog towards the dugout, pull a muscle, and that's the end of it...

it's like seeing a travel brochure that says "come to bixby knolls and enjoy the beach!" then once you get there you realize the average daily temperature is hotter than the surface of the sun, but hey, at least you're close to long beach.