• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Somewhat odd update on Trout from Maddon

21 hours ago, failos said:

“I don’t know to what extent he’s doing baseball activity”

That’s an unacceptable answer. The manager should be aware of the franchise player’s rehabilitation progress.

that's fair enough of an opinion. i don't really think they're in the business of truly sharing internal information. i guess the difference between my attitude and yours is, i don't really have any expectation of them telling me jack shit.

Just now, ukyah said:

that's fair enough of an opinion. i don't really think they're in the business of truly sharing internal information. i guess the difference between my attitude and yours is, i don't really have any expectation of them telling me jack shit.

Same, but man, his answer just sucks. This team needs better PR.

15 hours ago, ScottSted said:

I brought up the mental part of Trout/Rendon's injuries last week on here and basically got booed out of the room. There something really weird going on. Trout, according to all the doctors, is fine to be playing baseball. There's a mental break here.

i don't think that's true at all. i think they're saying we can't see any more than the images tell us, so we have to go by what the patient feels. if he feels something, then there is probably something.

3 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i don't think that's true at all. i think they're saying we can't see any more than the images tell us, so we have to go by what the patient feels. if he feels something, then there is probably something.

Maybe he doesn't have confidence in the calf muscle holding up. That would be  mental thing. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

I do. He's not ready to resume baseball activities. 

We just do not know why he isn't ready to. Maybe it's as simple as the calf still hurts. Maybe it's something more complicated than that. Either way, they aren't telling us. At this point I would be relieved if they said he's done for 2021 but will be 100% going into ST in 2022. 

15 hours ago, ScottSted said:

I brought up the mental part of Trout/Rendon's injuries last week on here and basically got booed out of the room. There something really weird going on. Trout, according to all the doctors, is fine to be playing baseball. There's a mental break here.

There very well could be something mentally holding up Trout's return. I know this may come as a shock to some people here but Trout is a human being. Almost like the rest of us and probably has human traits that he deals with as well. I no longer give a crap about this season so let Trout do what he has to do to get right and come back strong for 2022. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, that brings back memories. Our first born slept no more than two hours at a time and nearly killed the both of us. I worked night shift, Carol worked day shift and the little hellion once he became mobile was a handful. I fell asleep one day on the couch while he was in his walker and he managed to tip over everything in the wall unit at his level, spread the LA Times all through the house, and dumped the cat food and water. Good times. 

You were a dad who was present for your wife and kids, and that means everything. I've heard so many stories of dads who basically think the job of taking care of the newborn belongs to the mother.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You were a dad who was present for your wife and kids, and that means everything. I've heard so many stories of dads who basically think the job of taking care of the newborn belongs to the mother.

My ex and I split it pretty much down the middle.

No brainer when both parents are working 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Seems like:

1.  The injury is still healing but progressing slowly

2.  Trout may have resumed baseball activities prematurely causing the healing process to be delayed

3.  Trout is doing physical therapy

4.  Trout may not yet feel he can engage his calf muscles in a way that he wants and is becoming impatient.

Thankfully Cishek, Quintana, Guerra and Mayer are all still healthy.

15 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

My ex and I split it pretty much down the middle.

No brainer when both parents are working 

My employer provides zero maternity or paternity leave (totally hypocritical for a large church), but luckily I was able to take four weeks off by combining California paid family leave (60%) and my vacation and sick time. I couldn't imagine also having to work right now. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My employer provides zero maternity or paternity leave (totally hypocritical for a large church), but luckily I was able to take four weeks off by combining California paid family leave (60%) and my vacation and sick time. I couldn't imagine also having to work right now. 

That sucks about your employer. Interestingly enough, I’m switching to a new project later next month to replace a co-worker going on paid paternity leave. 

Paid paternity leave should be a benefit for every full time job imo.

2 hours ago, Revad said:

Perhaps if Trout made a statement- sooner or when he gets back he’s going to be asked about the length of recovery.

I have made it clear to the Angels on a couple occasions recently that it would benefit Trout and the Angels for him to say something, just because there’s so much mystery surrounding what’s going on. 

I know you guys don’t care about media access, but this is why you should care about media access. 

No media in the clubhouse means it’s a lot easier for Trout (or any player) to avoid talking to the media.