• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This guy might be in some trouble

Re: the diamond marketing effectiveness.

Heard a comedian one time talking about engagement rings (I think it might have been Seinfeld during his standup days): the national diamond council telling us that an engagement rings price should equal two months salary is like the national ice cream council telling us that everyone's ideal weight is 450 pounds.

Re: the diamond marketing effectiveness.

Heard a comedian one time talking about engagement rings (I think it might have been Seinfeld during his standup days): the national diamond council telling us that an engagement rings price should equal two months salary is like the national ice cream council telling us that everyone's ideal weight is 450 pounds.

What's the deal with the handicapped parking situation at the Special Olympics?

Laugh at a $23K shiny chunk of carbon. At least an "I love me" car has some fun and utility.

Diamonds are by far the most successful advertising campaign ever.

Buddy of mine just proposed to his lady and needed help so I introduced him to my jeweler and in the process of introductions and also for my first taste at ring shopping was a real eye opening experience. I got quite the education and also confirmation of the best jeweler in OC.

Reminds me a little of the wristwatch thread from a few years ago where you took some criticism. Albert Pujols could heat his house with $100 bills for all I care. I'm no fan of evil bastards like Cecil Rhodes manipulating poor saps into believing that they have to buy a suitable rock for their girl (or the girl manipulated into expecting one). As long as people are aware of the manipulation and then still choose to go that route -for whatever reason- then it's cool.

Reminds me a little of the wristwatch thread from a few years ago where you took some criticism. Albert Pujols could heat his house with $100 bills for all I care. I'm no fan of evil bastards like Cecil Rhodes manipulating poor saps into believing that they have to buy a suitable rock for their girl (or the girl manipulated into expecting one). As long as people are aware of the manipulation and then still choose to go that route -for whatever reason- then it's cool.

lol.

I forgot about that. It went from legit time piece answers to being an asshole for spending money on a watch opposed to whatever everyone else spends their money on.

Ironically, got a few pms on that and made a selection from them. So hope wasn't all lost from that disaster of a thread.

The guy is doing fine on the watch boxes. He just needs to end his buy one box get one free diamond ring promotion.

I know it's a garage sale, but he's going to have a rough time paying off the bills if he's selling things for about 0.043% of what they're worth.

Through the process of being mediator/connection guy for my buddy, I learned too much about the process and a lot of it was when we did comps just checking other places and seeing couples or dudes shopping for rings (actually ran into Bobster who was helping his buddy).....what a f*cking nightmare. I have always thought the ring was important or sentimental, but now see it's just an expensive Valentine's Day.

I've had the talk with a few chicks and you learn a lot with how they perceive the ring. The ones that prefer putting more into quality of life as a couple or real value like putting the money towards a mortgage are keepers. The ones that need to one up their friends and show off need to be avoided like the plague.

Buddy of mine just proposed to his lady and needed help so I introduced him to my jeweler and in the process of introductions and also for my first taste at ring shopping was a real eye opening experience. I got quite the education and also confirmation of the best jeweler in OC.

Did you go to the same jeweler at south coast plaza as Paul konerko did right before he signed with the halos?

My wife's ring cost about 1/3 of 1 month salary. She would be scared to death to wear anything any more expensive.

You sound like you might be familiar with seventh day Adventists, or at least as, um, frugal as one of us.

Our church has historically decried spending a lot of money on jewelry, as well as just wearing it. So fr many years guys would buy their fiancé an engagement watch, and she would wear it on her right wrist to indicate she was engaged. I bought one for my wife, a nice one with small yet tasteful diamond chips on the face. It was beautiful and affordable. I couldn't have afforded a diamond ring, and she was wise enough not to insist on one.