• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Mariners (7/10/21): Sandoval on the mound, Mayfield at 3B, Iglesias hitting cleanup

As stupid and frustrating as these games are, the lineup really is pathetic. Walsh has absolutely no protection. They desperately need Rendon, Upton, and Trout back. They cannot win consistently without them. I’ll take it as a good sign Cobb and Sandoval are pitching well. Perry will get a pitcher via trade, that much was made clear today. 

I’m curious about the refusal to slate Trout’s rehab assignment. Either they’re worried about something or he’s not ready. Which isn’t good. They need him back badly.

I’ll reserve judgment on this team until 10 days from now, at the end of our next Seattle series. I hate these stupid, embarrassing performances but we are at .500, within striking distance, and have 3 of our 6 best hitters coming back soon. 

1 hour ago, ThisismineScios said:

As stupid and frustrating as these games are, the lineup really is pathetic. Walsh has absolutely no protection. They desperately need Rendon, Upton, and Trout back. They cannot win consistently without them. I’ll take it as a good sign Cobb and Sandoval are pitching well. Perry will get a pitcher via trade, that much was made clear today. 

I’m curious about the refusal to slate Trout’s rehab assignment. Either they’re worried about something or he’s not ready. Which isn’t good. They need him back badly.

I’ll reserve judgment on this team until 10 days from now, at the end of our next Seattle series. I hate these stupid, embarrassing performances but we are at .500, within striking distance, and have 3 of our 6 best hitters coming back soon. 

Yeah as sucky as this is I agree.

We just can't lose Trout, Rendon, and even Upton and expect to be a viable team. If we get them all back soon after the all-star break catching Oakland is a reasonable goal. 

Another very encouraging start by Sandoval which should be the main takeaway here.

Moving forward if he can solidly that 3 spot in the rotation that would be huge for us. 

Would love to see us trade for a controllable starter. Berrios or Marquez. Not for this year but to finally build what would resemble the start of a real rotation for next. 

Berrios/Marquez, Ohtani, Sandoval… with Detmers and Suarez in the mix at the back end. Bring back a guy like Cobb for that 5th starter spot. It would be a start…

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Another very encouraging start by Sandoval which should be the main takeaway here.

Moving forward if he can solidly that 3 spot in the rotation that would be huge for us. 

Would love to see us trade for a controllable starter. Berrios or Marquez. Not for this year but to finally build what would resemble the start of a real rotation for next. 

Berrios/Marquez, Ohtani, Sandoval… with Detmers and Suarez in the mix at the back end. Bring back a guy like Cobb for that 5th starter spot. It would be a start…

Good post.

Sandoval is legit. Seems like he's taken the step forward and earned a spot in the rotation long term. He's a solid #3 guy.

I'm not 100% sold on Suarez, but he definitely deserves a look.

We still have Barria but I think he'll get traded since he doesn't have any options next year.

Detmers is probably ready for a September call up and a spot in the rotation on opening day next year.

We definitely need to add a starter via trade. 

We're so close to having a solid rotation. C-Rod is almost ready. 

Canning is still lurking around but he needs some serious work to earn his spot back.

Cobb would be nice to bring back, but I don't want to get Bundy'd.

Edited by tdawg87

31 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Good post.

Sandoval is legit. Seems like he's taken the step forward and earned a spot in the rotation long term. He's a solid #3 guy.

I'm not 100% sold on Suarez, but he definitely deserves a look.

We still have Barria but I think he'll get traded since he doesn't have any options next year.

Detmers is probably ready for a September call up and a spot in the rotation on opening day next year.

We definitely need to add a starter via trade. 

We're so close to having a solid rotation. C-Rod is almost ready. 

Canning is still lurking around but he needs some serious work to earn his spot back.

Cobb would be nice to bring back, but I don't want to get Bundy'd.

Damn, I hate the way I formatted this post.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:02 PM, fan_since79 said:

Sweep forthcoming, and my concern is that Shohei will start an extended slump complicated by messing with his swing in the stupid HR derby. That's all we need.

HR derby won't screw up Ohtani swing.  He swings for an HR every time up anyway 

Edited by stormngt

11 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I'm worried about him too. Half expecting an announcement soon that he'll undergo season-ending surgery on the calf and/or ankle. Something doesn't feel right.

46 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm worried about him too. Half expecting an announcement soon that he'll undergo season-ending surgery on the calf and/or ankle. Something doesn't feel right.

It's the Angels so this is the likely outcome.

Upton will also need surgery. 

Rendon will hit the IL four more times.

13 hours ago, Lou said:

Ok, I'll weigh in on the topic of the night. I know this may come as a surprise, but I don't care when a player not on the Angels gets hurt. Bonus points if he plays for a team i don't like. 

Same, but I don’t celebrate unless it’s douchebag (Dodgers/Asstros). Still, as a fan of the sport it’s disappointing to see a devastating injury occur to a player like Ronald Acuna.