• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gnarly brawl: Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks

It should of stopped after Kennedy hit Puig. Don't think it was overly intentional, but Greinke's pitch definitely was. Everything else after that was just ridiculous. A good portion of players should of have suspened, if not fined. Especially whomever got that one D-backs player almost over the railing. That is taking things way too far.

Inquiring minds want to know, what is overly intentional? Is it just a bit more intentional? Is there an underly intentional?

I'm with James, I never got the benches clearing....at least when the bullpens come out. I at least understand the aspect of one batter versus multiple infielders and needing support or help breaking it up. I always thought they should go hockey and suspend anyone that gets involved and let the umps break it up.....granted, Joe West hobbling out there to stop people may not work.

I liked Gibbys after game comments.....We didn't mean to hit Puig, he hits everything over the plate so we went inside and it got away. Greinke came out and did what he had to do defending his guy. Then it got out of hand.

Man I love baseball. I can't believe they threw at Greinke's head after they already hit Puig in the face with a freaking fastball. I would love to have Greinke as a teammate. So much respect for him. I really enjoyed Kennedy up to this point, but now he's just a punk bitch walking off like that. There should have been WAY more punches thrown for getting thrown at the head TWICE. No way... gotta throw some haymakers for that.

The real culprits here are Montero and Kennedy. Montero should have understood why he was being plunked. He should have taken it, shut his mouth, and run to first. It was fair retribution for Puig.

And Kennedy should have left it at that. No need to escalate things by going after Greinke, who was well within his right to plunk Montero. If I were the comish, I'd hit Kennedy with an 8-game suspension, but probably would not suspend any of the other players.

The real culprits here are Montero and Kennedy. Montero should have understood why he was being plunked. He should have taken it, shut his mouth, and run to first. It was fair retribution for Puig.

And Kennedy should have left it at that. No need to escalate things by going after Greinke, who was well within his right to plunk Montero. If I were the comish, I'd hit Kennedy with an 8-game suspension, but probably would not suspend any of the other players.

Greinke accidently hit a guy first. Greinke earlier in the year commented that he does not have a reputation for pitching too far inside and that he is willing to hit batters. He DOES have that stigma attached to him. Kennedy did not mean to hit Puig at all. That is obvious by his reaction and Montero's reaction. That is where it should have ended.

Greinke then plunks Montero in the back, it was out of line as this was the first intentional beaning. Quite frankly Greinke should have been kicked out right there. It is absolutely ignorant that umps will not throw a guy out unless warnings have already been issued.

So then Mattingly lets Greinke come to bat. Pretty stupid since he didnt even come out for the next inning. If you analyze the situation you would notice that Montero and Greinke talk and that he tells him they did not mean to hit him in the shoulder (he was not hit directly in the head or else he would not have just stood there and walked to first). Point is Greinke was okay with what had happened. So why charge the field if the player hit wasnt even mad and understood the situation?

There should be no place in the game for benches clearing. That is not a part of the game as much as many try to say it is. There should be quite a few suspensions by the league. 

If the Angels got into a brawl...

Howie would hit two people at once.  

Aybar would accidentally hit somebody on the Angels.

Scioscia would join the brawl one hit too late.

Iannetta would walk to the brawl.

lmao

If the Angels got into a brawl...

Howie would hit two people at once.  

Aybar would accidentally hit Pujols.

Scioscia would join the brawl one hit too late.

Iannetta would walk to the brawl.

Hamilton would swing and miss three times then go sit on the bench with a smile

Howell and Belisario should be suspended without question. Ward may have said something but he didn't deserve to be punched and almost thrown over the railing. 

I didn't see Ward doing anything and bam, he's getting punched multiple times and was way to close to being thrown over the rail. Montero helps Ward and basically they both just go into defensive mode, and take a lot of punches. Point is, I agree it was Howell and Belisario that should be fined or suspended. I didn't see Ward or Montero throw a single punch, quite the opposite.

Ian Kennedy lead the NL in hit batters last year, (14) and is ALREADY at 8 this year. I think he was trying to hit Puig, just not in the face. 

Greinke throws at Montero, but not even close to how dangerous Kennedy is when throwing at hitters. All Montero had to do was turn his back and seemingly had plenty of time to do so. Add to that Greinke doesn't get upset at being hit, he expected it. But you have head-hunting Ian Kennedy walking quickly to the safety of the dugout. At least Greinke doesn't run for cover. I'll grant him that.

Not the biggest Greinke fan, but entirely sick of Kennedy's dangerous pitches. if he can't hit anyone below the shoulders the D-backs need to call him off. Total speculation, but I don't think Montero was thrilled at those head shots either.

Yep, Greinke understood the situation and that he didnt mean to head hunt. 

Greinke deserves a lot more respect then Ian Kennedy, tired of that guy. Someone is really going to get hurt if he doesn't stop throwing at batters, he was lucky last night with Puig, fastball in the face. The only reason Puig wasn't hurt worse is he had a milisecond to start to turn his head and his nose/face didn't take a direct shot.

I don't think Kennedy had any intent on hitting Puig but Greinke absolutely threw at him there. Sometimes it's too obvious. 

You hit a guy in the face --- pretty much can't really be too surprised if it comes back in some way.   Kennedy was going up and in, sure it may have gotten away from him but, if he's willing to risk beaning a guy he should be willing to risk getting his guys beaned.