• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How the Mighty Have Fallen

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Just got a be a lost year for Rendon. Wouldn’t be surprised if COVID threw off his routine to stay in shape last year, and now he’s dealing with nagging injuries this year, or just bad luck, or both. I think he rebounds next year. 

🙏

I still would like to see a healthy Trout, Upton and Rendon for the second half and how much an improvement they will bring to the offense. Coupled with Suarez and Sandoval in the rotation the Angels could make a run. It would validate all the hardworking Ohtani has put in that has been keeping the Angels afloat when clearly this team should have collapsed a while ago with 3 scrubs coving for far better players. 

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Bellinger must have some mental thing going on. 

I think, like rendon, hes dealing with recurring nagging injuries

I broke my foot last year.... when it healed, i sent about 7 months or so pain free. Then it came back, and no idea why

Its not agonizing pain, but it absolutely effects mechanics and things i can do in my workouts

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I still would like to see a healthy Trout, Upton and Rendon for the second half and how much an improvement they will bring to the offense. Coupled with Suarez and Sandoval in the rotation the Angels could make a run. It would validate all the hardworking Ohtani has put in that has been keeping the Angels afloat when clearly this team should have collapsed a while ago with 3 scrubs coving for far better players. 

That would be awesome but that seems unlikely the way things have gone. I'm legitimately worried Trout will never be fully healthy the rest of the season. 

It's hard to see Trout ever heading towards putting up multiple 30 stolen base seasons in the future. If he wanted to, he would easily steal that many bags but the injuries are just piling up. It's looking like he's becoming more of a great hitter who hits for excellent pop but with declining stolen base totals and decline defense. And his strikeout rate has gone up a bit lately, a 28.0 strikeout rate in 2021. Then again, it's inflated with pitchers cheating with sticky substances. Until otherwise, I'll take his inflated strikeout rate this season with a grain of salt. 

And it's looking like Baez has heated up a bit lately. He currently has a .238/.284/.493 slash line this season. He's just swinging his way to a massive contract. He has over 110 strikeouts and less than 20 walks. Someone is going to give him a big contract and he'll gladly accept it in a few months. I think it'll like about $180-$200 million with about 7 or 8 years attached to it. He'll be overpaid because that team will be looking at his WAR (Wins Above Replacement) from 2018-2019, as well as possibly this season. He had a 6.4 WAR in 2018, 6.7 in 2019, and 2.5 so far this season. Again, if it weren't for Trout's great all-around play in 2012, almost no one would know what Wins Above Replacement is. Alex Gordon and Jason Heyward both got paid superstar money but they were never superstar players in the first place. They got the big money because of Wins Above Replacement. We're going to see more and more good hitters get paid superstar money for just being good/really good at the plate but elite on defense. In addition of having the legacy of being the best player of his generation, Trout's legacy will also include the way he changed the game in 2012. 

4 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

And it's looking like Baez has heated up a bit lately. He currently has a .238/.284/.493 slash line this season. He's just swinging his way to a massive contract. He has over 110 strikeouts and less than 20 walks. Someone is going to give him a big contract and he'll gladly accept it in a few months. I think it'll like about $180-$200 million with about 7 or 8 years attached to it. He'll be overpaid because that team will be looking at his WAR (Wins Above Replacement) from 2018-2019, as well as possibly this season. He had a 6.4 WAR in 2018, 6.7 in 2019, and 2.5 so far this season. Again, if it weren't for Trout's great all-around play in 2012, almost no one would know what Wins Above Replacement is. Alex Gordon and Jason Heyward both got paid superstar money but they were never superstar players in the first place. They got the big money because of Wins Above Replacement. We're going to see more and more good hitters get paid superstar money for just being good/really good at the plate but elite on defense. In addition of having the legacy of being the best player of his generation, Trout's legacy will also include the way he changed the game in 2012. 

let it go GIF

The so-called second best player (Betts) in all of baseball has a .256/.366/.472 slash ln the first half this season. I've seen many people from other sites say that he's the clear-cut second best player in all of baseball. That's overrating him a bit. There's no way that he was better than someone like Scherzer after 2017. After 2017, Scherzer had established himself as an elite starting pitcher for a few seasons, including 2017. Hell, even Kluber was better than Betts after 2017 with the 204 ERA+ that he posted during the 2017 regular season. Plus, like Scherzer, Kluber had multiple superstar seasons as a starting pitcher before 2018. And since 2018, deGrom has been more dominant as a pitcher than Betts has been overall as a player.  He was never the second best player in the entire game. He might have a case for being the second best position player in the game but he also was the third best position player as well since Yelich was darn impressive for a couple of seasons before tailing off last season, as well as into this season. Pretty shocking that Yelich has only hit 5 home runs this season. 

4 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

The so-called second best player (Betts) in all of baseball has a .256/.366/.472 slash ln the first half this season. I've seen many people from other sites say that he's the clear-cut second best player in all of baseball. That's overrating him a bit. There's no way that he was better than someone like Scherzer after 2017. After 2017, Scherzer had established himself as an elite starting pitcher for a few seasons, including 2017. Hell, even Kluber was better than Betts after 2017 with the 204 ERA+ that he posted during the 2017 regular season. Plus, like Scherzer, Kluber had multiple superstar seasons as a starting pitcher before 2018. And since 2018, deGrom has been more dominant as a pitcher than Betts has been overall as a player.  He was never the second best player in the entire game. 

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF