• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Tigers @ Angels (6/17/2021): Ohtani on the mound, batting 2nd; no Rendon

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

55k are watching right now

I turned it on with one out recorded in the top of the first. It's possible some people got stuck in traffic and it filled up by the third though. 

3 minutes ago, gaylos said:

Joe Maddon is a dictator who likes to punish his players for not obeying his commands

I dunno man.  I think pretty much all managers don’t like it when their players don’t do what they tell them to do.  I wouldn’t hold this one against old Joe.  

Anyway, I get his reasoning.  I just think it’s not great reasoning.  Considering as many here have noted “the blowpen”

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

Just got back from the game. Crowd was pretty good! Honestly I think the crowd got almost as loud for that amazing relay throw by Rengifo as the Ward grand slam. It was nice to see Rengifo have a great all-around game. He has all the tools to be a a great player but hasn't put it all together. 

But do other managers punish their players by not keeping them in the game long enough? Or warm up their BP as a threat to starting pitchers?

1 minute ago, gaylos said:

But do other managers punish their players by not keeping them in the game long enough? Or warm up their BP as a threat to starting pitchers?

The funny thing was when I saw Shohei attempt to steal 2nd like 3 times during that at-bat I seriously pictured this in my head.

monophy.gif

54 minutes ago, gaylos said:

Yes they do.  In fact Hinch did it tonight with the Matt Manning.  He pulled him too soon, and his bullpen failed.

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Probably because the Angels were winning and they’d weaken the defense by doing that. They’d have ended up with Wong in the OF after Ohtani played his inning. 

Would Ward have been in the game to hit the grand slam?

10 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Just got back from the game. Crowd was pretty good! Honestly I think the crowd got almost as loud for that amazing relay throw by Rengifo as the Ward grand slam. It was nice to see Rengifo have a great all-around game. He has all the tools to be a a great player but hasn't put it all together. 

I missed the relay throw because the traffic was so bad outside the stadium. 

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/mlb-analyst-brutally-flounders-mike-trout-interview-before-blurting-out-insensitive-question-does-shohei-ohtani-speak-english/

“I know what it is now, Trout, I’m back, I’m ready,” Davis said stepping back into the interview. “Talking about Ohtani, how is he in the clubhouse? Is he the kind of guy where, does he speak English?”

44 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It was a brutal debut from him as a broadcaster, lots of umms and ahhs, repeating words over and over as he tried to find the next one, with very little of interest or insight when he did talk. Gubi can be an annoying cheerleader sometimes but his pitching chat is excellent and is well worth the listen, this guy had none of that. He began by simply being bad, well terrible really, like a fan caught in the spotlight, which quickly progressed to being irritating, I even muted for an inning, but by the time I tuned out after the sixth inning I was starting to feel  a little sorry for him. I really hope he finds some other career because broadcasting isn't it.